Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prospecting/Rock shops near Grand Junction, Colorado?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
aphillips949
My husband and I are new to rockhounding and the Grand Junction, Colorado area. We're wondering if there are any good rockhounding shops near us? We've not been very lucky in our searches online for such a place. Ideally, I'd like to be able to find somewhere to get a tumbler and maybe a hammer and a few rock picks.

Also, I was wondering if there are shops around that will cut stones for you? I was hoping that rockhounding would be a fairly cheap hobby to get into (our move across the country has left us kind of broke!) but I'm finding that may not be the case. Until I'm able to afford my own equipment, I wouldn't mind paying someone to cut some stones open for me every once in awhile. I have what I think is a thunderegg and I'm anxious to see what's inside!
Coalbunny
Contact the geology dept. at Mesa State College. They can direct you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.