Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An interesting find
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
NewRockHounder
Sitting down to watch a little TV while it was raining out, at my rented cabin in Grand County, I happened to glance to my right and notice a small end table with a lamp on top and a small shelf with a few books below. Equally so in this exact moment, one book on top of the stack caught my eye - granted it had a good layer of dust upon it, noticed none the less. Reaching for said book, I was astonished to find "Colorado Gem Trails and Mineral Guide," by Richard M. Pearl - I've currently only read up on Grand County since I was there and read a few times... not once, or twice, but a FEW, times about Devil's Head. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Talked with the owner of the book and/or cabin for that matter and now am current owner. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
MikeS
A very good book. Just remember that some of the "collecting areas" have claims in the area, so still do your research before digging.
Denise
You crack me up RockHounder! laugh.gif It is a really good book, we also have it. Great advice Mike gave you and that goes for any of the rockhounding books.
I moved this thread though since it's not exactly a mineral specimen find. giggle.gif Hopefully with the book and some proper research, it will lead you to that awesome find though! happy088.gif
NewRockHounder
Aww, sad.gif you should move me back to where I was for a day, please please, pleasssseeeee. biggrin.gif Just to get noticed easily. Help me, help you, help me. Kinda thing. You know?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.