Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need quick help
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
fenixsmom
I'm sorry to do this guys but I need quick help. My sister and I are headed into Park County this morning to go rockhounding for the first time. Where is a good legal place to hound in Park county. This is my chance to let her get a taste for this hobby I love and I want to impress. THANK YOU to anyone that replies!
fenixsmom
Oh I forgot to mention, she has no problem with claim jumping which I'm fundamentally against. Any help is appreciated!
Denise
Park County is a great place with some awesome mineral collecting possibilities. There is no way to just head out there to the field to rockhound without researching first.....unless it was a claim invite from a claim owner in that area. Many claims in that county (as any other) so be very careful because claim jumping is frowned upon no matter where you go. Since you are a CP club member, I would recommend checking the researched areas (even some in Park County) the club has done. It also comes with information to re-verify the area before heading out...Now that would "impress" anyone knowing you did it the right way by checking the area status. happy112.gif

I hope this helps some!

fenixsmom
It does help some :) however, the researched area for park county is a level 3 member area, I am but a 2 :( I know research is needed which I agree with wholeheartedly but time is short (spur of the moment, only day off from watching Robert) I was just hoping for some local knowledge! Thank you D! You rock still!
720fly
Why not drive a extra 1/2 hour and come over here to the land of exposed bedrock? Park countyis to windy for fun hehehe
Denise
Check areas # 11, 13 and 18.......those are in Park County at the yearly level so check those out. happy088.gif
fenixsmom
YOUR AWESOME!
fenixsmom
Today we met up with 720fly and he took us up to a sweet mountain side in his stomping grounds in BV. It was so incredible for him to drop everything to meet us and teach us about the range, specimens and techniques! He even loaned us a couple of blow straws and a probe to get inbetween rocks! I cannot say enough about his character! His dog is a cute lil stinker! We didn't find anything but it was well worth the trip thanks solely to his kindness! We will definitely take him up on his offer to come back to explore!
Crusty
Way to go 720fly! What a great bunch of folks we have here!
720fly
Alright I got a ata-boy :)

Thanks hope y'all had fun
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.