Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cutting fences
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
720fly
At the cematary section of cashe creek. On the right hand side almost where it meet with the cematary fence. Someone cut the top rung of it over the 4 th of July weekend and today I get there and someone cut the thrid one down???? Oh yeah and ( I assume the person/persons respncible for the top rung also took a big nasty chit in the parking area as well ( that's nice )
Anyway I was planing to fix the fence any how and got lucky to see a Ranger on the way in and let him know ( and asked if he would spread the word around the office ) that I was planning to fix it today ( was waiting for the wire we ( at Tomken ) get with one particular metal orders, it's bait bigger gauge than accual fence wire. To do it with.
Also noticed that someone has cut one of center twisted wire on the left side of the parking area near the cematary fence
I made a point to fix it so BLM would possibly close that section due to vandalism or whatever they wanted to claim for the reason to close off anymore prosecuting acreage on us. The problem is how much it's hopping and why? Is it one person with a vendetta agaist folks being able to prospect in that section due to loved ones harried there? Has there been conflict with that?
Either way I thought I would post this so hopefully people can spread the word that this kind of action could take gold out of our pockets. I just started playing around in cashe creek, so I'm ignorant alot of things in the area, but I can't see the Feds not push for some way to punish us all for the actions a few.
It would be my wish that others would be willing topick up some trash, fix a fence, help keep our areas of play nice and tighty and let others know that there could be some seriously bad impact on prospector if this kind of stuff keeps happening
fenixsmom
I like the way you think! I'm protective over my area at A-bar!
720fly
Thanks, it's just a innate thing. I also wonder if it isn't BLM stageing vandalizing so the can close it off. Perhaps it's just dumb kids, I don't know, but what I do ( think ) I know is that this kind of bs could hurt us all

Wonder if we could get them to let us have a gate or two :)
fenixsmom
Never hurts to ask!
Caveman
720fly - no, the BLM is not staging that - they are looking at the area as an income generation rec area.... That kind of damage typically comes from outta staters who think that nothing in the area should be off limits. I ran into a few of those types of goons at Point Bar last year. They are the same type of outta state goon that you see poaching in our state up in Estes Park, and other areas. I wish they wore a green goon light on top of their heads so that we could tell them apart from good Out of State prospectors/hunters so that we could round them up and send them packing.
720fly
Caveman, BTW love westcliffe/wet Mnts. Area. Have yet to prospect over there. I really want to buy that closed down ski resort, for a private ski hill for friends and familly --- big dreamer with empty pockets lol ------
I do head that way every now and then, every time I think how much I like that place, and the Mnts. Are spectacular, but I've been told there cannibals up in copper gulch/canyon ( whatever it's called ) any rumor or truth to this?
Caveman
Wellll...... some of the locals may look like cannibals, but as far as I know, no one has ended up in a stew pot since the late 1800's. music014.gif Also, the long pig just has not been any good since the 1980's. Way too may hormones and other chemicals, and way too fatty - for my taste anyway! bleh.gif
720fly
Some old folks in Howard told me that tale

Dang thought there was some real wild types over there
720fly
Ad someone recut the top rung again???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.