Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: it was an
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
720fly
adventure for me. at least a morning outting to try out my MD20 ~~~~~~ i just went up a dry gulch and pokeing around till the falcon made thr right sound and dug up that stuff. found that most of the area i was in had all ready been picked threw quite a bit, so this must have been fresh this year { i dont know } but this is what i got, i think its pretty good for my first time

just kidding heres what i got

now im off to cashe creek to see what i can find out there with this little gem
fenixsmom
Good job! Congratulations!
720fly
Yeah I was happy with finding any thing, my part time partner has two mine lab detectors that we haven't pulled out yet, so the MD20 should be a good addition to our collective gear.
At cashe creek I poked around a good bit ( without a single piece of gold ) but I did brush off a few of the crevices that folks didn't empty. One of them had 9 brilliantly colored garnets, that was just cool to see, and of course I picked them out of the dirt. They may be worthless, but I think their pretty, so.....
Denise
Ha! You had me there for a minute. I was thinking, dang nice finds and not even any black sands left in it. giggle.gif biggrin.gif
Always nice to find gold in the pan, good job! I love looking for the garnets with the gold concentrates, is always an extra plus in the pan. I use then for some of my art projects. Would really like to see pics of them when you get a chance. Several different color variations found here in Colorado.

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us...stay safe and have fun out there!
cheers.gif
Caveman
720fly, you got me good too! I was all set to start explaining to Mrs Caveman why I needed a metal detector...... smiley-laughing021.gif

Glad you had a good day at Cache creek, too.
720fly
well these would be the " pretty " ones IMHO

caveman, thats funny just show her the first picture and leave it at that. first pic was from my best day on the ark. after that day i really thought i could make a living with gold
as far as the MD20 goes, i was VERY happy to find gold with it on the first go round ( was also my first time trying to get gold off a mnt. side. i know of a place way up a Mnt. that is rust stained quartz. after i get my top runner 2 ( Tuesday ) im going to hike up there and get some samples, and of course the MD20 is coming. sad thing is that i took a few pieces of crystals home long ago, but i cleaned them up real good with a wire brush and soaked them in bleach,...... so i could use then as decorative rock for bottom of the fish tank, im still getting a signal off them so im hoping for a good report on the samples, if all is good i might even stake a claim ~~~~~~ we will see, dont want to count my chickens to soon
720fly
Mrs. CP. the black sand is at the bottom 1/4 of the pan. I like my gold real clean :)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.