Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another intro....
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
GeoMatt
...since they don't seem to really fit anywhere else. Not new to prospecting, just the site.

I've looked around here a few times, figured I would make a profile so that I could comment from time to time if I have info that I can offer someone.

My background is as a corporate geologist for a mining company based in Denver. I was previously a consultant, and traveled internationally working on exploration and development projects in a variety of commodities - primarily diamonds, gold, silver, uranium, and potash.

My recreational interests are mining history, collecting interesting geologic samples, and I have a couple of small projects I'm trying to develop into something larger - they may get there, they may not, but it is fun trying to see what I can put together. I also enjoy looking at projects for small prospectors and providing advice and guidance, or assisting with land and geologic research.

I look forward to reading more of your posts, and chiming in when I can be helpful.

cheers
Matt

and because who doesn't like a good drill rig and helicopter shot..... (gold resource expansion work in Alaska)

Click to view attachment
Crusty
Welcome! Glad you found your way here; quite the impressive resume! Look forward to seeing you around the forum!!
Denise
smileywaving.gif Welcome to the forums Matt! Make yourself right at home around the site, we have a great group of friendly folks here.
swizz
QUOTE (GeoMatt @ Jul 29 2014, 11:07 AM) *
My recreational interests are mining history.... I also enjoy looking at projects for small prospectors and providing advice and guidance, or assisting with land and geologic research.

Welcome Matt! sign0016.gif
I hope ya stick around. I own an historic mine with another claim attached to it. Your background/knowledge could be helpful to me.
GeoMatt
QUOTE (swizz @ Jul 30 2014, 08:18 AM) *
I hope ya stick around. I own an historic mine with another claim attached to it. Your background/knowledge could be helpful to me.

Thanks!
Just drop me a note. Always more than happy to look at something and give $0.02.
fenixsmom
Welcome to the forum!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.