Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigging/Carrying Solutions
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
EMac
Hello everyone,

I did some searching, but didn't see anything of this sort out there on this forum (or I'm blind which is definitely possible...if so, apologies for creating a new thread).

I'm curious what solutions folks have come up with for carrying equipment to/from a car to the water. I'd like to be able to carry my gold cube with banker, battery, pans, shovels and my personal bag of water and food all in one trip. I'm considering a hand truck with bungie cords, but before I start buying things, want to see what other ideas might be out there.

I have a 4 door sedan car that I'm quite fond of (i.e. it's staying) or a motorcycle, so a large cart would not work for me.

Thanks,
Eric
Dypheron
Personally I like to use a green duffle bag as it allows me to stack classifiers, pans, buckets, etc rather nicely and it only weighs a few pounds allowing for hand carry. I'll fill a back pack with all of my other stuff like food/water and strap my sluice on one side with a small shovel on the other. Not sure if a gold cube would fit in a duffel but it might work for you.
EMac
Good thought, but I have the same concern with the GC fitting. I imagine I could take a hybrid idea, get a small duffel or chop one in half and mount it to a hand truck just above where the GC would sit.

Has anyone used the <$30 shopping carts with any luck over rough terrain? Do they hold up?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.