Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Devils Head Tomorrie
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
NewRockHounder
If anyone would like to join me, day hike/prospect hit me up. If not, that's cool to. - But wish me luck
swizz
good luck!
Caveman
Best of luck to ya!
Crusty
Looking forward to seeing pics of what you found!
NewRockHounder
Welp, can't find em all, and on that note, didn't really find anything, still gotta clean a few of them up - it was mostly fragments small as all hell... disappointing day - but this is how it goes, I know this. Hopefully camping this weekend in Devils Head area again... will turn out better results. I'll post my best ones from today after I make a stop at store to get more cleaning/polishing crap for my dremil, tomorrow. Guess I lucked out finding what I did... being a complete and utter noob to all this.
Woody
Don't sell yourself short! We were all Green Horns once and had to start someplace.

At least you are out there kicking things around. Every outing you do is a new learning experience. String enough of them together and before you know it you'll be the next one giving advice. You know, I’ve been kicking around an idear about having a little get-together for any club members and guest wanting to do some rock hounding. Kind of just like we do every once and a while for gold. The only reason I have not done so yet is because I can't seem to make it to the courthouse for research where I want to go during business hours. However, Devils Head is a well know open collecting spot and I think it would be neutral ground for all. Could be an interesting outing. This is the, "Height" of Summer so if it is going to happen it has to be soon. Say maybe next weekend? I'll kick this idear around here a little and see if we get any response. Good luck out there, Woody.
Crusty
QUOTE (Woody @ Jul 9 2014, 11:51 PM) *
Don't sell yourself short! We were all Green Horns once and had to start someplace.

At least you are out there kicking things around. Every outing you do is a new learning experience. String enough of them together and before you know it you'll be the next one giving advice. You know, I've been kicking around an idear about having a little get-together for any club members and guest wanting to do some rock hounding. Kind of just like we do every once and a while for gold. The only reason I have not done so yet is because I can't seem to make it to the courthouse for research where I want to go during business hours. However, Devils Head is a well know open collecting spot and I think it would be neutral ground for all. Could be an interesting outing. This is the, "Height" of Summer so if it is going to happen it has to be soon. Say maybe next weekend? I'll kick this idear around here a little and see if we get any response. Good luck out there, Woody.

Great idea Woody! Would love to finally meet you!

I'm committed for the next 2 Saturdays (19 & 26) but open both Sundays. Would definitely show!!
NewRockHounder
That sounds fantastic, however, I'm going camping this weekend (payday was today), thus spending majority of my check, aside from the dreaded bills, *shakes fist in air* thus being poor by next weekend. But, the weekend following next weekend, stay with me, two weeks out from this weekend.. I'd be up there anyway =P And thank you for the advice, put a smile on my face after work, much needed.. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Also, I was going to make a new post about this, but I'll just put it here, cause I'm lazy and already typing.. anywho, I would totally become a member, but due to my funds... that can't happen, as stated earlier, I pretty much live pay check to pay check, and I work retail... so, sucks to be me, on that note.
traddoerr
I'm also committed next weekend, but will have some after that open, love the Rampart Rd area, would be great to meet Woody and others.

RhodoRose
I have the weekend of July 19 & 20 open -
CP
Nice idea Woody, sounds like a fun time, hopefully the details are coming together. More club members might see it if you started a thread for this in the protected section also. happy088.gif
Since this thread is in the Colorado Prospector forums and it matters to us here, I do need to point out something though.....Devils head to my knowledge is not to be assumed "open to prospect" even though it's a commonly held misunderstanding from all the books and websites suggesting that it is an open area to prospect in. research.gif Each prospector must remember...YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIVITIES IN THE FIELD! info_grin.gif Regardless of what anyone on a website or in a book "said".
In my personal reading, I've found that there have been claims and still can be claims filed in the Devils head area.
We all must be careful when prospecting new areas no matter where to make certain we aren't on ground we shouldn't be....like on a claim or private property.

Thanks for stating you would like to join up with the club NewRockHounder, and hopefully in the near future you can make that happen. We'd all be honored to have your future participation. I think you'd very much enjoy being a part of the club and there is a lot you could learn if you're really into prospecting as well.

Have fun out there and stay safe everyone! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
NewRockHounder
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jul 16 2014, 03:27 PM) *
Nice idea Woody, sounds like a fun time, hopefully the details are coming together. More club members might see it if you started a thread for this in the protected section also. happy088.gif
Since this thread is in the Colorado Prospector forums and it matters to us here, I do need to point out something though.....Devils head to my knowledge is not to be assumed "open to prospect" even though it's a commonly held misunderstanding from all the books and websites suggesting that it is an open area to prospect in. research.gif Each prospector must remember...YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIVITIES IN THE FIELD! info_grin.gif Regardless of what anyone on a website or in a book "said".
In my personal reading, I've found that there have been claims and still can be claims filed in the Devils head area.
We all must be careful when prospecting new areas no matter where to make certain we aren't on ground we shouldn't be....like on a claim or private property.

Thanks for stating you would like to join up with the club NewRockHounder, and hopefully in the near future you can make that happen. We'd all be honored to have your future participation. I think you'd very much enjoy being a part of the club and there is a lot you could learn if you're really into prospecting as well.

Have fun out there and stay safe everyone! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Would there be claims right off of Rampart Range Rd? What's a good (free) website I can use to find such claims? I'll double check some of the old posts here, but quick ref. is always nice.
swizz
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Jul 16 2014, 09:56 PM) *
What's a good (free) website I can use to find such claims?

There is no free online resource that accurately provides this legal information... it changes daily.
Would you like to learn how to perform land status research? It is what prospectors do before going out to explore new terrain.
Denise
Did any of you get to meet up out in the field? The thread kind of went quiet, so I was wondering how things were going.
NewRockHounder
Well I was going to go out and look for a spot to camp with Woody, but I ended up going out with Mike S. to his claim that weekend with Woody. And Woody was going to teach a class on Saturday. Long story short, nothing has happened yet, keyword I hope, is yet. candle_smiley.gif
Denise
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Aug 2 2014, 01:54 PM) *
Well I was going to go out and look for a spot to camp with Woody, but I ended up going out with Mike S. to his claim that weekend with Woody. And Woody was going to teach a class on Saturday. Long story short, nothing has happened yet, keyword I hope, is yet. candle_smiley.gif

Well it sounded like you had a great time at Mike's claim from your other thread! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Hopefully something will come together for a crystal dig soon, might even be interested in going myself.....Love crystal digging!!! emoticon-misc-004.gif

I didn't know Woody teaches classes, what kind if you don't mind me asking?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.