Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show ya's what I've found
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
NewRockHounder
Click to view attachment With light, Click to view attachment Normal and size comparison, Click to view attachment Click to view attachment4 terminations, 3 in 1 crystal, Click to view attachment not sure what this is, probably just quartz, has an amber hue when I shine a light through it.. hard to get a good angle
Caveman
Not bad at all.... more than what I've found.
Crusty
did you have to dig them out or did you find them loose? I've had more luck finding them laying about than I have actually digging... though the ones I got digging were pretty sweet, and larger than I'd expect to find loose.

Glad you found a few!
NewRockHounder
I dug them both out, haven't had any luck just picking them up... it's all crappy quartz - well, common quartz... so, crappy. =)
NewRockHounder
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Hard to capture the nice angles and transparency on a white stone, especially when it's just a fragment. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Not really sure how it got that blue color on the first pic, another nice fragment tho, couple of gemmy looking sides. Click to view attachment Not sure what this is. Click to view attachment This has a crystal shape, but it's not crystal, it's just a fragment too, couple different angles on it to see, hopefully someone can help me. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment And last but not least, what I thought was gold, but is probably just pyrite. Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.