Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: headed to cache creek today
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
jhidek
If anyone feels like joining us, we'll be at the cache creek panning area. The Benz will be in the parking area, I'll be the idiot in the multicam boonie cap and limping. Hope to see some of y'all out there!
traddoerr
Let us know how you did, I han't been able to make it up there this year, Yet! maybe next weekend if work/honey do's let me:)

QUOTE (jhidek @ Jul 6 2014, 09:43 AM) *
If anyone feels like joining us, we'll be at the cache creek panning area. The Benz will be in the parking area, I'll be the idiot in the multicam boonie cap and limping. Hope to see some of y'all out there!

jhidek
Absolutely skunked again! Jen and I brought a few friends with us this time. We tried some test holes closer to the water, and we also tried a few holes we found where someone had put in some obvious effort and moved a lot of dirt and rock. Lots of black sands, annoying clays, big chunks of hematite, and flakes of gold colored mica but no gold, not even a spec. We had traditional pans with us, plus my super duper awesome trinity bowl that has always given me great results, but nothing so far out here. So far its Colorado 5, me 0.
Maybe I'm just not moving enough material or something. I need to start looking for a trade for a sluice or swap some of my gold for one or something, who knows. Lol, next time...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.