Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a warning for Clear Creek
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
fenixsmom
I just wanted to warn everyone that the water sanitation plant that either resides in black hawk or the one in Coors is releasing sanitary waste into clear creek. Jeffco Sheriffs sent my husband an email warning Coors of this event. If I hear more about this I'll keep everyone posted.
russau
I womder what their fine will be OR if they even cite them at all?
fenixsmom
God only knows. The details he was given where vague.
fenixsmom
Posted something, and realized the info given was bad. Removing content.
Donny
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Oct 10 2014, 08:49 AM) *
Posted something, and realized the info given was bad. Removing content.

Well alright then. And I doubt there will be a fine. Things are more crooked than straight nowadays.
EMac
I can't find anything on this in the news. A recent article about night time rock fall work (which kind of sounds fun to me) is all: Denver Post

Makes sense now why I've seen all the rock screens stacked up at the base of the Canyon.
Davem
So much for making your beer out of pure Rocky Mountain spring water. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Coalbunny
Reminds me of a few years back when Coors lost 5-6,000 gallons of beer in the Clear Creek. made the locals mad, but sure made the trout happy! smiley-laughing021.gif
lostnewb
Anyone been up around CC lately? Never been up there to pan for gold but thought about trying to get up there before everything freezes up.
fenixsmom
A group of us went on Sat. It's cold, dress warm!
lostnewb
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Oct 27 2014, 10:34 AM) *
A group of us went on Sat. It's cold, dress warm!

Thanks Fenix will have to get the family up there one last time.

-Chris
EMac
Depends on the weather for me and whether I procure a pair of waders and panning gloves this year or not.
lostnewb
QUOTE (EMac @ Oct 27 2014, 12:14 PM) *
Depends on the weather for me and whether I procure a pair of waders and panning gloves this year or not.

Always have a spare set if you need them.

-Chris
NewRockHounder
Cold water + Shady bends of the river = Freezing my nips off (to give you a solid image, like peeling off old gum) - LOL smiley-laughing021.gif
lostnewb
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Oct 27 2014, 12:53 PM) *
Cold water + Shady bends of the river = Freezing my nips off (to give you a solid image, like peeling off old gum) - LOL smiley-laughing021.gif

Sounds like some type of cold water Colorado waxing. emoticon-object-024.gif
fenixsmom
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Oct 27 2014, 12:53 PM) *

Speaking of cold nips, I probably could have cut glass in the shade!!!

(Sorry to all the sensitive types. That was highly inappropriate)
lostnewb
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Oct 27 2014, 02:04 PM) *
Speaking of cold nips, I probably could have cut glass in the shade!!!

(Sorry to all the sensitive types. That was highly inappropriate)

LMAO thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
fenixsmom
If I was able to breast feed my son, I could be singing this tune
... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGL2rytTraA...be_gdata_player
NewRockHounder
I wanna be like "lostnewb" and post on everything that's active, maybe more so - lol.. No, I'm lazy, I'll do this one and one more...
fenixsmom
A little cranky tonight buddy?
lostnewb
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Oct 27 2014, 11:05 PM) *
I wanna be like "lostnewb" and post on everything that's active, maybe more so - lol.. No, I'm lazy, I'll do this one and one more...

My time will be coming to an end here shortly. Yesterday I had a nice meeting day so got to spend a bunch of time checking the forum. Today... Not so much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.