Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new forum member
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
jhidek
New member here, stationed in the springs. I'm trying to get back into panning and stuff, I grew up in AZ so I got use to it out there. My wife is having fun getting outdoors and into the creek beds and stuff too. Went out to clear creek this past weekend and had a good time but no gold luck. Did find a stray pan out there so if anyone lost one and can ID it, its yours. Hope to get out more often and run into some people and learn the ropes for Colorado gold.

Jeff and Jen
Denise
Hi Jeff and Jen, welcome to the CP forums! sign0016.gif Good to hear you both are getting out to the creek and enjoying yourselves. Colorado sure is a beautiful place!! Clear creeks water level is a bit high right now but good for panning along the creek side. happy088.gif Just use caution if you get in the water as the current gets swift. I find it helps to fill up a tub along the creek side to pan in...That way if I loose any when panning, it just ends up in the tub and can be panned again. It also helps to add just a drop of dish soap to the tub that way it will break the tension in the panning water. Clear creek water tends to have a bit of oil in it being so close to the road so that will help some. Make your selves at home around the website and post up pictures of your adventures if you like!

Thank you for your service Jeff! smileyflag.gif

Denise
jhidek
Thank you!
fenixsmom
Welcome!
Bear'sPa
Welcome, I'm a new member myself. You won't find a friendlier, better informed bunch any where on the web.
swizz
Thank you for your service and welcome! emoticon-object-018.gif sign0016.gif emoticon-object-018.gif
jhidek
Thank you everyone!
spiegel49er
QUOTE (jhidek @ Jun 24 2014, 10:59 PM) *
New member here, stationed in the springs. I'm trying to get back into panning and stuff, I grew up in AZ so I got use to it out there. My wife is having fun getting outdoors and into the creek beds and stuff too. Went out to clear creek this past weekend and had a good time but no gold luck. Did find a stray pan out there so if anyone lost one and can ID it, its yours. Hope to get out more often and run into some people and learn the ropes for Colorado gold.

Jeff and Jen

I'm new to the board too but have been stomping around CO creeks a while panning. If you can make it, Cache Creek south of Leadville I think is a great place. Nice little stream, shaded, beautiful scenery and panning and sluicing is encouraged!

Enjoy!

-Greg
Crusty
Glad to see another member from the Springs! Welcome!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
jhidek
Thanks everyone, I'm glad I signed up. I can't wait to meet you all, and learn some new stuff. Im working on some trade deals to get some classifiers and a sluice, so hopefully that goes well and I can move more material next time I get out.
NewRockHounder
Hello I am also new to this all, I've gone rock hounding in Devils Head area, found a couple smokey quartz pieces. Still need to install my digi cam software to upload the pics. If anyone is able to accompany me, that'd be awesome, as I'm not exactly sure what the heck I'm doing =P I also found, what I think is a topaz.. but it's got a lot of cracks within it. Again, once I get my crap installed I'll show ya's and perhaps someone can tell me. I shined a light through it, it's got an orange hue and in some spots is clear... I dunno..

Hopefully hear something,

Colin

GET YOUR DIG ON!
Crusty
Here's my thread on what I've found in the area, mostly up Bear Creek; trail 666 of High Dr.

http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...?showtopic=4105
NewRockHounder
QUOTE (Crusty @ Jul 9 2014, 12:47 PM) *
Here's my thread on what I've found in the area, mostly up Bear Creek; trail 666 of High Dr.

http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...?showtopic=4105

Those are.............AWESOME! Jeebas, puts mine to shame big time.. Can I ask you tho, do you have to be in a mine, or dig with heavy machinery, or dig by hand, but a massive pit, like thirty feet down or something...? Cause normally, I've been digging about three feet or five feet, before I give up after not finding any clues or crystals.
Crusty
QUOTE (NewRockHounder @ Jul 10 2014, 12:06 PM) *
Those are.............AWESOME! Jeebas, puts mine to shame big time.. Can I ask you tho, do you have to be in a mine, or dig with heavy machinery, or dig by hand, but a massive pit, like thirty feet down or something...? Cause normally, I've been digging about three feet or five feet, before I give up after not finding any clues or crystals.

A lot of the small to medium stuff I found in the scree piles; just gotta climb up them above the trails and do a grid search and you'll find all kinds of stuff.

The bigger pieces I dug out of a seam someone else had already opened up... before I found this page of course, so I didn't do any homework to be sure there were no claims; I figured if it was in a public park, it'd be good to go.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.