Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catch-it 2 table
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
720fly
Ok so today I thought to myself " I think it's time to get a clean up something " so I ended up getting the catch-it 2 table. Well just so happends I had a big bucket ( 4gallons-ish ) of good con's. It caught some gold, but I knew there was more in there than what was on the table. So like any good prosecutor and started panning it out. Guess what -- oh there's all my gold???? I don't want to blame the arrow quite yet. I fallowed all the rules ( as far as set up ) to use this thing, but......

Anybody have one that may be able to lead me in the right direction? I'm a bit of a sucker for " buy local " and this thing come out of grand juction, even tho I'm a Keene man an all.....
I did expirament with up/down angles and side to side was dead on level

Any help would be great
Caveman
What is the working surface on that? If it is rubber, replace it with a piece of honed slate, slow the flow a bit, and you should get much better results. Slate grabs fine gold much better than any rubber surface on a miller table, which is exactly what this is.
720fly
Thank you. The surface is caulk board paint JSYK 99.9% sure of that
After the better part of a all nighter. I found the with 5/8 of a inch drop and removing the scotch pads ( they control water flow ) that this thing is every thing I wanted it to be.
Good tip for those who have this , as you sweep the gold to a corner. It does a good job holding the gold, but it does slowly walk down hill.what I did was grab a rock out of the drive way that looked like the kind of rock ( in a river ) we would be digging behind and place it in front of my pile ( yeah right ) of gold it creates that back eddy and the gold stays put
720fly
Should also say I'm impressed :) it so cool to watch it work
Caveman
Atta boy! Work it, experiment, find what works for you and run with it! Nicely done.
720fly
Ok if you don't like babysitting this is not for you. You must be very attentive. This thing can catch some super fine gold tho.
I did dump my sniffer bottle into it and lost a big flake ( it might be sucked into the pump as that was last night and I still can't find it.
Truely a slick little table. Even tho I have nothing to compare it to as I've always panned my con's out
Things that should be added to this table would be a vibrator. I duct tape a old electric razor to and it work sooooo much better.
Either way I'm glad to have it
Caveman
Great idea!
720fly
Opp's I should have said shacker instead of vibrator lol
720fly
Ok, I do suffer a phych issue of all things are made, can be made better ---- ant help it. I also wanted to see if my chalk board paint idea was right. So I got a can of black ( cause I prefer black over green ) chalk board spray paint. Well after it was done this thing works great ( just as it did before ) and it's black instead of green
fenixsmom
Hmm duct tape and an ol razor! Very innovative! You know they sell "personal massagers" at wally world for pretty cheap. Check the family planning section.
Caveman
Unless you get the super maxi turbo <ahem> "personal massager" smiley-shocked003.gif , the electric razor works better. The regular human-sized ones just don't have the mass... eating-popcorn-03.gif
fenixsmom
Well caveman I never knew you had such experience with these things. I don't doubt you, just never put much thought into it.
I'm sure your right. I'm pondering the Richter scale at the moment and giggling like a lil school girl. Thanks for the laugh buddy!
Caveman
Just seen a couple of comedies where such things were mentioned/shown, plus I'm 53 for goodness sake - a few of those years in the military. I'm not completely innocent. smiley-cool14.gif There is a movie where the has one of these truly GIGANTIC (it's about 2 1/2 feet long!) is found in a guy's carry on, and he's asked to turn it on.
On top of that, it's not just a gag, the thing is REAL and actually available. I didn't think it was until one of the people I worked with at Buckley proved it. You'd need something with higher values than the Richter scale to measure the tremors this nightmare would put out.
fenixsmom
That's by far the funniest thing I've read in awhile!
Was "it" named The Homewrecker by chance?
Caveman
I would have to watch that awful comedy again - not gonna happen as I don't work at Buckley anymore!
720fly
Couple days late,but.....
I work at DIA ( we were stuck in Denver for 3 years while the wife was in law school :(. ) as a baggage guy ( CG ) and if a bag was buzzing' ( we'll say ) we had to open/ inspect the bag. Well most common thing to make a bag buzz was a " personal massager " ( all n all this was for bombs, of course ) anyhow my supervisor show me some ( by the book ) fun with such a situation. He took the item on board the plane and request Ed the owner of the massager to step foreword to not only claim it, but then tell the owner that they need to take the batteries.
Only saw this onces and it was very funny thing to see. Moral of the story is girls/ guys remove the batteries from your toys before you fly
fenixsmom
I have some buddies in the police force that have told me some hilarious stories. One of my favorites is from my buddy Mike in AZ. He told me about this drug dealer he had happened to pull over. He ended up searching his vehicle and found 2 milk crates full of personal massagers. He ended up hauling the guy away for a dui or something and had to inventory each and every single one.! Needless to say, those nice leather gloves ended up in the garbage. The dealer even had the gall to deny that they didn't belong to him. Rather, they all belonged to his girlfriend!

He also told me about a few ladies that drove recklessly while "massaging"!
fenixsmom
Poor 720fly! I don't think even Mike Rowe has topped that "dirty job"! I feel for you!
720fly
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Jul 5 2014, 05:22 AM) *
Poor 720fly! I don't think even Mike Rowe has topped that "dirty job"! I feel for you!

It was actully a pretty cool job. Took advantage of the ( almost ) free flights. All the time. You could fly to Santa Barbra for lunch and be home for dinner:) or ( and yes always first class, cause we could ) fly to O'Hare get wasted with a friend, never get off the plane and fly back. I made the most of being stuck in Denver. With my " buddy passes " I was able to get a good friend of mine ( who is a world traveler type ) all the way to Nicaragua of free on one of his trips
Worst part of the job was the bodies, dead bodies can weigh anywhere from 5lbs. To 600 lbs. that part suxed
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.