Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie intro
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
cheesedanish
Hi folks,

I didn't see another place for introductions, so I figured I wouldn't spam one of the more important sections.

First off, great site. Lots of resources. I came here initially looking for information on finding open places to do a little light rockhounding. I found a chunk of hematite in my garden and found it interesting enough to set it on a bookshelf in my home office. That sparked a bit more interest. I tend to find myself browsing the Ore Cart in Estes Park when we run up there for lunch or a little fishing.

I grew up in Colorado here (Greeley specifically) and have had a pretty decent understanding of the rich Colorado mining history. Along with that came an understanding of the importance of mining claims and to avoid intruding on someone's claim. What I didn't have a grasp on was the complexity of finding where I can and cannot go freely. So far I have been able to use some of the information here to help my understanding, so far this looks like a pretty robust forum.

As a short term lurker and recent signer-upper, I hope to get more involved!
Josh
cheesedanish
I also see there's an astronomy section. Very cool!
CP
Hi Josh, smileywaving.gif

Sorry for the delayed response in this thread, I'd meant to post here and kept forgetting to.
Welcome to the club once again and thank you very much for the kind compliments on the club and website! Glad to hear we have another Astronomy bug in the forums as well, jump right in where ever you like, we'll all be looking forward to your future participation.

fenixsmom
Hey there! Welcome to the forum! Come for the information, stay for the friendships!
EMac
Hello everyone,

I'm following cheesedanish's lead by introducing myself on an innocuous thread. I do a ton of research, so have come across this forum multiple times, and figured why not join up?

I got the bug last year after spending a day on the Arkansas with a seasoned miner. I don't fish, but like to play in the dirt (I'm a kid at heart), so it's a good hobby. I'm ever a student, so would love to meet up with folks to either teach what little I know, learn from others who've been there before, search for new, nearby prospecting spots or just have someone to dig with.

You can often find me somewhere on Clear Creek on weekends, but I plan to do some digging in the downtown waterways this summer as well.

Cheers,
Eric
Denise
smileywaving.gif Welcome to the CP club and forums. Make yourself at home around the site, we have a great group of friendly helpful folks here....several near the Clear Creek area as well.

You should have also received your club members welcome e-mail, there will find lots of helpful links......is also where the monthly password is for entering the club members protected section of the forums.

Denise
smile.gif
Crusty
Welcome Eric & Josh!
EMac
Thanks Denise and Chief Crusty! cheers.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.