Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clear creek digging
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
panner13
Ok so I try to get out to clear creek every weekend and without a sluice yet I have to bring my classifieds home to go through. I have found a few flakes of gold. I have dug up to two feet down so far and maybe two feet across. Is there a limit to the amount of shovel digging I can do? Also does anyone know how far bedrock is?
Denise
Hi panner,

You might want to check out this thread that Fenixsmom started.
http://www.coloradoprospector.com/forums/i...?showtopic=4235
They give some great info on the digging question.

Hope this helps some! Have fun and stay safe out there!

Caveman
QUOTE (panner13 @ May 17 2014, 12:41 PM) *
Ok so I try to get out to clear creek every weekend and without a sluice yet I have to bring my classifieds home to go through. I have found a few flakes of gold. I have dug up to two feet down so far and maybe two feet across. Is there a limit to the amount of shovel digging I can do? Also does anyone know how far bedrock is?

Bedrock in that area is further down than you can dig, at least safely and without supports.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.