Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my latest adventure
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
fenixsmom
Meet baby Robert he was born May 8th at 12:57 pm coming in at a whopping 5 lbs. 2 oz. Perfectly healthy al albeit small.
traddoerr
ONGRADULATIONS! Beautiful little boy, bet Daddy if very proud as well. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Caveman
Congrats! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Welcome to the world, Robert! sign0016.gif
Denise
Congratulations to both you and your husband!! smiley-clapping.gif
swizz
So cute!!
Huge congrats fenix!!!! arms.gif
russau
Congrats the the proud parents! And welcome to the world Robert!
Denise
He's adorable. cheers.gif
Bones
Congrats!
Crusty
awesome news!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Denise
Looks to me like Robert is wondering where his gold pan is. giggle.gif He's going to be a great little prospector helper when he gets older.
CP
Yepper definitely got that prospector look already.....like "I thought you said there was gold in this here pan?!" smiley-laughing021.gif
Congratulations to the new Mom and Dad! Hope Mom and lil Robert are doing well and for Dad, hang on brother, now it gets interesting! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
fenixsmom
Hey everyone, thank you vety much for lil Robert's warm welcome! He is totally going to be my little panner! Unfortunately we had to spend a little time at Lutheran's NICU unit because the.lil nugget was having a hard time putting on weight. We are home and things are looking up! I can't wait to get back into the river on mommy time with Dennis, Dan and Betsy! I miss our little group! Well I'll keep checking in and everyone take care!
Lots of love,
Steve, Jessie and Robert
Denise
Glad to hear you both are doing good and that the lil nugget is gaining more weight now. He's so precious!! happy.gif
Hang in there Jessie, you will be back in the creek with your friends in no time.
emoticon-misc-004.gif
traddoerr
Really glad to hear little Robert is doing better, once again congrats!

Betsy & Don say congrats! and wish you the best, we do miss hanging out, but that will have to wait now untill spring run off is over,late June/July maybe. Keep in-touch and let us know how the little is coming along.

fenixsmom
Finally made it back out to the creek yesterday. I went up to CC and found a promising hole. While I was up there I also came across a gold pan and a tote. If anyone lost a pan recently and a tub please message me a description and I will happily return it!
Woody
Glad to hear you got out there and had some fun,

That CC area is kind of rough on the eyes. It has been worked hard over the years and the landscape shows it. Having said that, it is surprising that there still is a fair amount of gold right in that location. When I go there I like to camp about 1/2 mile away. It gives me the illusion that I am still in a pristine wilderness. Keep an eye out for the Mercury there. It is found both dry and wet. I know you have a young'en and if you are unfamiliar with what that stuff looks like or how to handle it.... well, you always run a risk. Mercury just sitting there all by it's self is not all that bad. It is when you don't know that it is there that accidents are most likely to occur. I've handled liquid mercury in the palm of my hand from time to time. Mercury does not have a high contact absorbsion rate rep-say. It is more dangerous when it is ingested in our food or its vapor inhaled. Don't mean to put you off of that spot or scare you in anyway. In fact I would say CC is the 4th best place in Colorado to find gold. Just use a little note of caution. Later, Woody.

I can hear people shouting about this already so...... DISCLAIMER; "I did not in any fashion what so ever tell anybody to put Mercury in their hands"! Father Time took me out back and whooped-up on me long ago so some "threats" aren't as pertinent to me as they might be to a younger person.
fenixsmom
Thank you so much for the warning! I always wash my hands when I get home from the river just because of bacteria and what not. I completely forgot about mercury! Ill be extra diligent about keeping my rubber gloves on while working material from there! I will research what raw mercury looks like so I'm not fiddling around with it thinking its silver.
fenixsmom
Well I have my new Keene A52 sluice box (new to me). I had to run a bead of caulk around the front edge because the glue came undone. I think I'll run over to A-bar today and do a test run. I'll also have a look see at what damage the locals have done to the place.(kidding). Maybe I'll get enough paydirt to keep my dad occupied in FL for awhile!
Denise
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Very cool Jessie and now the fun begins!! Have a good safe time out there today and I hope your pan ends up lined with gold. cheers.gif
fenixsmom
Thanks D! Pet the bunny foo foos for me!
Crusty
Happy hunting!!
Denise
I wish I could!! laugh.gif They only love me for the seed and water I give them though, not the hands on love. kick_can.gif

It's more like "drop the seed and back away from the pile lady"!
whip.gif
fenixsmom
Rofl!!!!
Woody
Ervey time I read that I have to laugh. I can just see Mrs CP drugging up her Bunnies and keeping them as pets! Woody
Denise
Too funny Woody, no bunny drugging! stop.gif It's all done with the addicting birdseed. laugh.gif They still don't know what to think of me, especially when I come out with violet black dyed hair. smiley-shocked003.gif My latelst adventure.
fenixsmom
Ahhh the wonderful migrane and spasming back muscles of another great day in the river! cloud9.gif purple_heart.gif

Time for half a Narco and a hot bath. YAY!!! :D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.