Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello everybody
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
valsabbion
Click to view attachment
Just wanted to introduce myself to all people that are members of this website and thanks to CP for my first welcome to this wonderful website thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . I am originally from Europe and I live in Florida , Palm Beach Gardens from 1997. I am not an expert in gems and rocks at all , but I have some good reasons to believe in success smiley-laughing021.gif . As soonest I finish some things I have to do in FL and EU I am coming to Colorado :-) , I read most of the comments in all sections of this website and I am very positive that I will have a lot of friends in CO :-) That is it for now, I wish lot of luck to everybody !!! All the best :-) emoticon-object-018.gif
fenixsmom
Welcome to the forum! I lived in FL too! I was in Nokomis, just north of Venice.
Pastor Mike
Welcome Valsabbion ! What part of Colorado do you plan on settling in ? What part of Europe are you from ? Looking forward to more of your posts and possibly meeting you one day .
llamabox
Welcome aboard.
swizz
Howdy! sign0016.gif
traddoerr
Hello and Welcome! You won't find a better place and group to learn from.
Denise
smileywaving.gif Welcome to the forums and club! You will fit right in with the great group we have here! Make yourself at home.

What's on the grill?! Someone must be hungry, looks good!........ giggle.gif
Crusty
welcome!
Caveman
Welcome to the club! Love the grill set-up, too.
valsabbion
QUOTE (Pastor Mike @ Apr 14 2014, 09:28 AM) *
Welcome Valsabbion ! What part of Colorado do you plan on settling in ? What part of Europe are you from ? Looking forward to more of your posts and possibly meeting you one day .

Thank you Pastor Mike , at this time I am not sure where I will go first, I am planning to buy an RV and I think I will not stay in one place forever smiley-chores016.gif . I grow up in Croatia but my mother is Macedonian and father Montenegrian :-) . I will post for sure, there is many things I would like to know :-)
valsabbion
QUOTE (Caveman @ Apr 14 2014, 04:54 PM) *
Welcome to the club! Love the grill set-up, too.

Thank you Caveman ,,the grill is great! Unfortunately the casing is no good any more ,,,,,, I abuse it too much smiley-laughing021.gif ,,,,,,,,but I steel have the motor and once in a wile I put the two V shape sticks into the ground,,,, nice fire on the side and ROCK AND ROLL thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
valsabbion
QUOTE (Crusty @ Apr 14 2014, 01:55 PM) *
welcome!

Thak you Crusty :-)
valsabbion
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Apr 14 2014, 12:49 PM) *
smileywaving.gif Welcome to the forums and club! You will fit right in with the great group we have here! Make yourself at home.

What's on the grill?! Someone must be hungry, looks good!........ giggle.gif

Hello Mrs.CP , thank you :-) , yes that someone it's me ! but everybody by watching this live gets hungry no matter what is on that stick smile.gif . This on the picture is lamb from Montana :-) , I don't like those imported Australian and New Zealand lamb, they use too much lamb feed and this meat has 0 quality :-) . The highest altitude the lamb is feeding, the better is . My favorite on the stick is actually the goat dancing_smiley.gif
valsabbion
QUOTE (traddoerr @ Apr 14 2014, 12:20 PM) *
Hello and Welcome! You won't find a better place and group to learn from.

Thanks traddoer , I can see that thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
valsabbion
QUOTE (swizz @ Apr 14 2014, 11:57 AM) *
Howdy! sign0016.gif

Thank you smileywaving.gif
valsabbion
QUOTE (llamabox @ Apr 14 2014, 10:52 AM) *
Welcome aboard.

Thank you llamabox arms.gif
valsabbion
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Apr 14 2014, 08:16 AM) *
Welcome to the forum! I lived in FL too! I was in Nokomis, just north of Venice.

Thank you fenixmom , so we are probable the only gem prospectors from Florida slaphead.gif lots of microscopic rocks all around us smiley-laughing021.gif
valsabbion
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Apr 14 2014, 08:16 AM) *

My mistake , you said you lived ?? so you moved to CO?
burrell
I'm on the forgotten coast NW of you (GOM). One way +- 2K to COL. from where your at. I have melted map quest studing round trip routes to CO. I would think that you are 7-8 hours south east of me. I've never had my feet on the ground in CO other than the extreme south n east part of CO. No there are more of us from FL. have have interest those rocks (aka dam Rock). When you grow up in sand spurs and oyster shells you come with terms like that. Read research and learn from our forum here. Fun times to come.
fenixsmom
Yessir, I live in CO now. There are plenty of treasures you can find in FL that you can't find elsewhere! I am technically a gold prospector. I haven't started with rockhounding yet! I miss looking through shell piles and shark tooth hunting on Nokomis beach!
Bones
Welcome!
Caveman
QUOTE (valsabbion @ Apr 14 2014, 08:57 PM) *
Thank you Pastor Mike , at this time I am not sure where I will go first, I am planning to buy an RV and I think I will not stay in one place forever smiley-chores016.gif . I grow up in Croatia but my mother is Macedonian and father Montenegrian :-) . I will post for sure, there is many things I would like to know :-)

I took a cruise that went through that area of the world last year. Karen (Mrs Caveman) and I loved it! Very beautiful countries.
valsabbion
QUOTE (Caveman @ Apr 15 2014, 10:52 PM) *
I took a cruise that went through that area of the world last year. Karen (Mrs Caveman) and I loved it! Very beautiful countries.

Every once in a wile I heard that somebody was there , I love that :-) Croatia is wonderful country , my childhood was awesome ! the only problem was that economy was dead for years and that is why I left. It is getting better I might spend my retirement there smiley-shocked003.gif . Wanted to send you a link from the web-site of the area where I grow up, but automatic message is showing that the administrator does not allow this sadno.gif . All the best to you and Caveman thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
valsabbion
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Apr 15 2014, 06:37 AM) *
Yessir, I live in CO now. There are plenty of treasures you can find in FL that you can't find elsewhere! I am technically a gold prospector. I haven't started with rockhounding yet! I miss looking through shell piles and shark tooth hunting on Nokomis beach!

This shark tooth's are pretty interesting , I heard that the larger pieces are valuable too :-) but the area I live is too crowded and I don't think I have that opportunity in Palm Beach County. I was a gold prospector too :-) but that was many years ago and I almost get arrested because in all southern Europe is a low that when you own a piece of property , only one feet below is yours :-( and there was absolutely no digging of any kind anywhere :-( . Unfortunately those low's remain unchanged until the present time sad.gif
valsabbion
QUOTE (burrell @ Apr 15 2014, 01:59 AM) *
I'm on the forgotten coast NW of you (GOM). One way +- 2K to COL. from where your at. I have melted map quest studing round trip routes to CO. I would think that you are 7-8 hours south east of me. I've never had my feet on the ground in CO other than the extreme south n east part of CO. No there are more of us from FL. have have interest those rocks (aka dam Rock). When you grow up in sand spurs and oyster shells you come with terms like that. Read research and learn from our forum here. Fun times to come.

Hello burrel, I grow up literally 30 feet from the coastal line :-) in Croatian Adriatic sea, but obviously we have different terms there :-) . Several times I was trying to figure what is "aka dam Rock", but I didn't get it :-(. Please explain it to me , I really spent some time to find out what this could be, and now I am really curious candle_smiley.gif
burrell
AKA (also known as) Good question. As many others are, i'm still in kinder garden in my knowledge of our many minerals and rocks. A Dam rock is real in only being a term that i or someone uses that doesn't have clue what we're really looking at. Mostly lime stone here as far as rocks go. Not nice for lawn mower blades(aka dam rock). The lime stone is filled with all kinds of fossils. We also have alot arrow heads and napping sites thur out Fl. The flint or stone that they used are here some where. I have known about arrow heads all my life but not the kind of rock made from(aka dam rock). We do have some rock in Fl that has cristle in it. Down around the Cristle River area( not sure if name was for cristle clear water or the rock). Any way i hope this clears things up a little for you. Any other southern terms that you want a definishen for i can come up with something for it. Have fun with it all
valsabbion
QUOTE (burrell @ Apr 29 2014, 06:43 AM) *
AKA (also known as) Good question. As many others are, i'm still in kinder garden in my knowledge of our many minerals and rocks. A Dam rock is real in only being a term that i or someone uses that doesn't have clue what we're really looking at. Mostly lime stone here as far as rocks go. Not nice for lawn mower blades(aka dam rock). The lime stone is filled with all kinds of fossils. We also have alot arrow heads and napping sites thur out Fl. The flint or stone that they used are here some where. I have known about arrow heads all my life but not the kind of rock made from(aka dam rock). We do have some rock in Fl that has cristle in it. Down around the Cristle River area( not sure if name was for cristle clear water or the rock). Any way i hope this clears things up a little for you. Any other southern terms that you want a definishen for i can come up with something for it. Have fun with it all

Thanks burrell , everything clear arms.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.