Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Tool to Geter'done
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
Pastor Mike
For any of you guys wanting to REALLY go after all that flour gold and gems in the Arkansas river you really should check out the quality product that my buddy Teddy builds out of his own little shop down in Canon City.
This is what I will be picking up next week from him along with a few slight modifications....... http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Inch-Extra-Big-...=item43c7bc7fbd ..... one of the mods that Teddy is going to do is make it so that this monster sluice's flare will unbolt so as to mount to my Jobe 2" dredge giving me a run of about ten feet ! That will catch the fine stuff !!
With the flare on we will still be able to use the sluice as a stand alone unit during the rest of the non-dredging season. Like I stated in my first post this whole set-up will be getting mounted to a custom rail stand that I am going to be building next that will be able to quickly attach and remove from the base unit that will be attached to an old beat-up ten foot John Boat that I picked up from a local salvage buddy of mine. This way the whole set-up wont be to heavy. When it is all done I will have my son help me post pics of it .

As a side note, I hope that I did not violate any rules by posting that link, I'm just excited that this is finally coming together and don't have any other pics yet.

So what do you think ? Anyone up for getting wet and grilling this summer !?

P.S.S. Next month we will become official club members, I just haven't had the extra money to do so until lately.
leonard
"one of the mods that Teddy is going to do is make it so that this monster sluice's flare will unbolt so as to mount to my Jobe 2" dredge giving me a run of about ten feet ! That will catch the fine stuff !!
With the flare on we will still be able to use the sluice as a stand alone unit during the rest of the non-dredging season.
"

If you are planning on dredging on the Arkansas, thats about the only place with a dredging season, thats almost impossible. It requires that you have a claim and have filed the paperwork and posted a bond to get a permit. There were only a couple of legal dredging operations on the Arkansas last year. Thats why the GPAA only allows panning and sluicing. The same thing is required to highbank or even run a gold cube there.

Leonard
Denise
Hi Pastor Mike and welcome!! The link is all good, I can understand your excitement. Hopefully that big boy will help with your fine gold recovery. happy088.gif
That would be great to have you and your families participation in the club. We have a great group here! happy.gif

If your buddy Teddy is interested, he could get some free advertising by offering club members discounts.
happy112.gif
Pastor Mike
Well I got the sluice picked up, I will be posting pics as soon as my son (He knows how to do these things , I don't) gets a chance. It is about 10.5 feet long overall !

I went down to the Arkansas Headwaters office here in Salida and I was handed some forms and told that it would just cost me $75.00 for two-years for my dredge . I also told them about what I am building and drew a sketch for them and they said that it was fine, to just check with BLM in Canon City about claims, to make sure that I have at least class-3 or better life-vests in the boat and that so long as I don't put a motor on the john boat I do not have to pay to register it.

Any and all legal info is appreciated and will be followed up on , thank you all. I will also tell Teddy of your offer, very kind of you.
Caveman
Just waiting to see the pic's!

drool.gif
Pastor Mike
Sorry it took so looooong to post the pics but my son just started a second job and we have not seen much of each other. That and I've been dealing with a dry socket after some NASTY oral surgery, so basically the timing just sucked.

The dimensions are 79" folded, 124 5/8" extended, the shaker box is 11 3/4" long, 9 3/4" wide and 3" deep.

ENJOY !

Pastor Mike
We will be adding some more pics soon, my son is figuring out his new phone camera and he is now excited about helping me do this.

Mods., well I've added two handles , one on each side so that when the extension is folded up it lays equal across the main sluice. I'm making a securing strap w/buckle to hold things together during transport. I've gotten my cross members for the support frame done and will be working on the legs tomorrow and then the spine latter this week. I will be posting picks on those soon.
Please bare with me, the upheaval at work and my health issues are really slowing me down.

Upcoming projects will be modifying the old john boat to bolt everything down , oh yeah I just got offered a boat trailer to haul off from down by Moffat somewhere this weekend to haul this pig.
Another buddy jumped in and got the pump up and running so that's good !

Stay tuned, as soon as this is done I will show you how to make a millers table from a washing machine and other parts and a trummel from lawn mower and flu pipe parts ! Those projects are also in the process out in the shed.

Folks we will be having fun real soon, and my wife and I are really looking forward to meeting you'all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.