Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting picture
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Denise
Was taking pictures and I took this one. Can anyone tell what it is? biggrin.gif

char098.gif
Crusty
I'm hypnotized... wacko.gif
fenixsmom
Hmm I would guess a polishing wheel at about 5k rpm.
moontan
The center appears further away, but with very little border: tough call. Fenix could be on, there does appear to be movement. I'll take a shot with a cup of pottery turning. How many guesses till we find out?

Throw in a pic from time gone by. Never believed in screens during warm days and would have visitors drop in.
russau
yep a spinning finishing wheel
Denise
Nailed it with the polishing pad!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif A new piece of sheep skin leather with a bit of Titanium oxide polish added. You were pretty close with how fast it's moving Fenixsmom, about 3600 rpm's. Here is a picture of Dan polishing a piece of Lapis Lazuli on it. Picture is with flash showing the wheel a bit better but still moving and wet.

Click to view attachment

Great picture Moontan, those are really cool birds! I really like the wood worked truck, fantastic job if you made it! happy088.gif
swizz
moontan,
I LOVE that pic! It's a bummer that the bird isn't the center of focus or that could be a prize winner.
moontan
Thanks swizz. Nut thrasher got inside , chased it for a while and landed on the truck which was on top of the fridge. Grabbed the truck, set it on sill and it held it's position just long enough to grab the phone, click and away it flew. I was lucky.

Mrs. CP... truck was carved by a group of dedicated elderly gentlemen who every Christmas would make homemade toys for the less fortunate. I was blessed to be a recipient of one for helping move these gifts about. smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.