Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ring Possibilities
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
Denise
We have this pretty Sterling Silver ladies ring size 8 and thought it would be fun to let everyone here have a hand in helping create it. eating-popcorn-03.gif
What stone would you set in this ring?

Pictures (taken by Dan) show the stone in the setting, so you can have an idea of how it would look......
professor_kosher
i like the opal in pic 1.

hell pic 3 is so interesting id wear it in a mans ring :)
Denise
If it doesn't get set into this ring, it could always be set into a mans setting. happy112.gif
professor_kosher
yeah my wife and i decided instead of buying rigns were gonna prospect for em, try to get enough gold for 2 rings and try to find a few cool gems.
Denise
Great plan! No better satisfaction than producing it yourself if possible. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Actually that piece of Fire Agate was from some of our prospected finds from Arizona.

slaphead.gif I forgot to add that the stone pictured are 8x10 mm.
professor_kosher
were hoping to find something relativly close to use so were not expecting anything to fancy lol
Caveman
I've seen way too many opal or turquoise silver rings. The Fire Agate would look great!
fenixsmom
They are all so beautiful! I have to choose my fav gem. The F. Agate is gorgeous though!!!!
Caveman
Dang, I can only vote once...... Fire Agate, Fire Agate, Fire Agate, Fire Agate - Caveman chants ominously....
Crusty
OK, I was going to vote opal, but after reading the posts, I agree, there are plenty of opal & turquise options out there, but the fire agate is different. Or Caveman hypnotized me with his chant unsure.gif
Caveman
Caveman grins a toothy grin! caveman.gif
Denise
laugh.gif Too funny! Uhoh, I never said how many votes or time lapse before we decide what stone to use. Let's get those votes in if you haven't yet. Will be cool to se what stone gets chosen. I will take better pictures later also. There is actually a lot more color flash in the Opal not shown in the picture and the fire Agate was actually shown in direct light, out of the light, it almost just looks like a dark brown agate. The eye can be tricky! wink.gif

swizz
I'm not a jewelry guy at all but I'll add...
I think the Fire Agate would look best with a gold setting.
If it were the Opal I'd like to see the stone framed in silver.... for aesthetics and durability.
I really like the Turquoise in that setting, it always sets off well with silver, like they were made for each other. Traditional. I voted for the Turquoise.
CP
I like the opal in it but I think the fire agate in silver isn't as common so that is what I voted.
We can always order some more silver for the turq and opal since they're template sized at 10 x 8 mm.

Pic's with the set stone coming soon..... happy112.gif Fire agate is in the lead so get your votes in now. sweet.gif
swizz
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Apr 25 2014, 11:18 AM) *
Fire agate is in the lead so get your votes in now. sweet.gif

How can this be? I demand a recount! order.gif
Denise
How can this be you ask?..........so say the people. biggrin.gif
swizz
I'm thinking that Fire Agate is gonna look great no matter what setting it snuggles into. happy088.gif
Denise
I notice a new vote today...........let's give it a bit more time just in case more want to add their votes. eating-popcorn-03.gif
Denise
The Fire Agate stone won, so that is what Dan set in the sterling silver setting. Turned out great I think! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
The stone has purple and green flash in the bubbles but I can't seem to get a picture with the color. Here is a picture with it in direct sunlight and one with the camera flash.
We will be listing it in the Miners Market soon.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Caveman
It turned out great!
fenixsmom
drool.gif pretty"!!!!
russau
actually I think all of them would look great with your uniqueness in your subject matter and style of settings you use! they all would be winners in my book!
swizz
I agree russ. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
That turned out extremely nice!
Denise
Thanks!
It's now listed in the Miners Market if anyone is interested. happy088.gif
swizz
Nice! I think that's a good deal too, very unique.
RhodoRose

It did turn out great!

I'm going to have to side with Swizz - turquoise and silver were indeed made for each other!

Sorry, Caveman... tongue.gif

p.s. When I find that beautiful stone, will you set it for me?

Denise
happy112.gif Would be happy to!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.