Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone have exp with an EZ sluice?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
professor_kosher
i decided im gonna buy a jobe ez sluice and i was wondering if anyone has used them and has any advice comments or mods they want to discuss to give me a bit of a head start with it. i will be in a known gold bearing small creek with extremly high gold colored mica content. the gold is also pretty fine (havent seen larger then 20 mesh so far) but it is there.
Caveman
20 Mesh????!!!!!????? smiley-shocked003.gif Just where the heck is this creek? I'll show up with the power sluice...... drool.gif
Caveman
I'm just itchin' to get out. Can you tell?
fenixsmom
ABar (CC @ youngsfield) has decent color if you know where to dog. I'd stay away on the weekends.
Caveman
I will be hitting Texas Creek or Point Bar soon!
fenixsmom
I hear point has good color! (I heard it here)
Caveman
It does - if you hit the right area...
MikeS
QUOTE (professor_kosher @ Apr 2 2014, 11:43 AM) *
i decided im gonna buy a jobe ez sluice and i was wondering if anyone has used them and has any advice comments or mods they want to discuss to give me a bit of a head start with it. i will be in a known gold bearing small creek with extremly high gold colored mica content. the gold is also pretty fine (havent seen larger then 20 mesh so far) but it is there.

The Tee-Dee EZ Sluice was my first sluice. I recommend the flair for it. I liked to run it deep at a medium speed. It can work in small streams where a larger sluice may have trouble getting enough flow. Feed the material slow so you can always see some of the blue miner's moss. If the moss gets covered in sand let it clear before feeding more. This sluice is very light and might try to float away on you. Use some rocks to hold it in place or use a flat rock to lay over the top to hold it down. I chased my sluice down the creek a few times.
Coalbunny
I have the Tee Dee EZ Sluice, and it's ok. Not the greatest. I also have a Pro Mack sluice, and it's ok as well, but need a lot more water for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.