Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Claim " open house "
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
Modern Day Miner
I was thinking about having an open house on my claims on James creek west of James town. I need a lot of sampling done. I was thinking of opening it up for a weekend in a couple of months just for CP members and family. I would only require that you tell me what you find and where. You can keep anything you find.

Would this interest anybody. I would have to run it by my partner first, but thought would throw it out there to see if anyone would be interested.

Thanks
MDM
Caveman
I would be interested, if your partner agrees.
fenixsmom
I'm game!
Crusty
Would be a cool opportunity for a rookie like me to see the pros in action! :)

Look forward to hearing if this "pans out!" smiley-laughing021.gif

fenixsmom
Doooohhhhhh! smiley-laughing021.gif
llamabox
Sounds good. I'm game.
Modern Day Miner
Ok, good. It looks like there is some interest. I talked with my partner and he thought it sounded like a good idea as well. We will look for a weekend in the next couple of months and post it here.

Thanks for the responses.

MDM
fenixsmom
Thank you forthe generous offer! It'll be exciting to work a real claim!
ksk2175
I would be interested as well.
Denise
QUOTE (Modern Day Miner @ Mar 19 2014, 11:28 AM) *
Ok, good. It looks like there is some interest. I talked with my partner and he thought it sounded like a good idea as well. We will look for a weekend in the next couple of months and post it here.

Thanks for the responses.

MDM

Very cool offer from you MDM! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Since your invite is open to forum users, you might consider using the Mining Claim Lease
CP created for claim owners. Very beneficial reports for future reference on the claim work! research.gif

Modern Day Miner
Thanks for the lease info. I will more than likely use it. Mostly so I can keep track of who finds what an where.
russau
a friend of mine has a claim up there and since the flooding it looks real good to work. he went up to his claim there because he was told many people are up there digging without permission. when he got there ,there was 2 people on his claim (panning) he talked to them but wouldnt give them permission to work it. AND there was evidence that other people had been working his claim also! new "Federal mining claim" notices are being placed around his claim. BUT i dont think this will stop anyone that dont care or think they wont get caught!
Denise
People are going to be who they are Russ. We just have to be who we are and do things right! If a claim owner really wants to teach them a harsh lesson, they could always by law take the equipment they were using while claim jumping.
leonard
QUOTE (russau @ Mar 21 2014, 04:26 AM) *
a friend of mine has a claim up there and since the flooding it looks real good to work. he went up to his claim there because he was told many people are up there digging without permission. when he got there ,there was 2 people on his claim (panning) he talked to them but wouldnt give them permission to work it. AND there was evidence that other people had been working his claim also! new "Federal mining claim" notices are being placed around his claim. BUT i dont think this will stop anyone that dont care or think they wont get caught!

It was me. I talked real nice to them and they responded nicely. My claim isn't signed well as the signs tend to dissapear as fast as I put them up. Normally I would have allowed them to continue panning for the day but there is too much other activity around the claim and I didn't want to encourage other people. This claim is on Lefthand creek.

Denise, you might remember this spot as that was where you guys were set up.

Click to view attachment

Lots of bedrock and new gravel

Click to view attachment

Leonard
Denise
I knew Russ was talking about you Leonard. smile.gif Amazing how much it changed there. Has always been a steep drop down to the creek,
but now it looks like a lot more loose gravel. Very dangerous!! I remember Corky had to bring his dredge in from upstream to get into that spot because of how steep the bank was.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.