Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hello!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
Bones
Well being as I cant find a formal place to say Hello I figured this will work just fine so...Hello to everyone! Im glad I found this site and became a member because the amount of information presented here is abundant. I am just about to turn 40 in April and at a time in my life where money is decent and I am able to persue some of the things I have always wanted to do but never had the money to do it with. That being said, I am planning to come out to CO towards the end of june/beginning of july sometime for 2 weeks to try my hand at prospecting. I have alot of questions but I am reading as much as I can on the forums to find the answers I need before formally asking. I hope to meet some great people and make some new friends on here...it seems like a friendly place to do that! Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hello to you all!
Crusty
Welcome to the forum! Definitely lots of info here and plenty of smart folks to answer any questions you have!
Caveman
Hi Bones, and Welcome! sign0016.gif Good to have you aboard. You coming during the peak time of the run-off, though. However - as most of the "Public" areas allow "recreational prospecting" at the high water mark for the day, you can dig in some ground that normally does not get a lot of action and sometimes has decent color. Better yet, you can do some "true prospecting" in some of the researched areas. Just be sure to do your own research to make sure the areas do not have any new claims. Glad you are coming out to enjoy our state! I'm in a hurry this morning, but I am sure that some of the other members will jump in and give some more info on how to go about doing this - plus this info is in several places on the forum.

Have Fun Out There!
CP_Member.gif
fenixsmom
Hiya Bones! Welcome aboard! I'm not one of the smart ones like caveman and Crusty, but I'm certainly friendly! If you have any questions ill do my best though!
Bones
Thanks for the welcome everyone, Im learning already! I figured late june/early july would be perfect but maybe I will wait a bit longer for the runoff season to end. I plan on prospecting high up in the mountains for gemstones. I really have little interest in panning for gold but who knows, maybe by the time i set out I will have changed my mind. Fenixsmom, im sure you are smart, you have experience which I certainly do not. Any input or info will be greatly appreciated! :)
fenixsmom
Ooooohhh street smarts and book smarts are two different things! I was referring to book smarts! Street smarts I have in spades! XD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.