Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Youngfeild serivce rd
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
goldchef
Will be going sluicing on 4/9/14.( I-70 in-between 264 and 265) Was there on Thursday for a quick spot check. Noticed they have a hole bunch of new signs up. Posting the area where we are allowed to dig. emoticon-misc-004.gif Will have a small group there but more are always welcome.( about 4 guys and 4 women) signs026.gif will post some pics on Monday of area and what was found. And on a side note lets be respectful so the area can stay open to all. arms.gif
fenixsmom
Being as that is currenly my "home river" I completely agree with the be respectful! The only problem is with some of the other visitors that aren't. I will fight the good fight in keeping a-bar open!
fenixsmom
Met up with goldchef at a-bar today. I didn't find diddly test panning. It was great to see what they pulled out! Wait till he posts his pics! However, on a side note, I shall call you Stu because your name is so hard to remember! Oh and your buddy shall be known henceforth as Lucky! (No offence about the name, I'm just horrible at remembering even common names.) I do remember it's French for second son though!
russau
I wonder if haveing one of those sucker sticks would help you in getting some samples so you wont have to do all that bending.????
fenixsmom
Oof that would be nice!!!!
goldchef
heres some pickers my brother found the biggest is 1/4 in for the nay sayers that say theres no good gold
goldchef
heres some pics of area
goldchef
will add pic of my clean out later today
traddoerr
QUOTE (goldchef @ Mar 10 2014, 08:37 AM) *
heres some pickers my brother found the biggest is 1/4 in for the nay sayers that say theres no good gold

Nice job goldchef! It was good meeting you and your brother Sunday and you guys had a nice set up. Glad to see some good color in the pan. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
goldchef
what are these jasper and topaz ?
goldchef
heres my clean out confused0082[1].gif
Caveman
Oh man, do I know how you feel..... kick_can.gif

I was going to an area and running a bucket or 2 and would get about .3 grains.... then I would go back to the same area, run 10 buckets, or dredge, etc... and get .3 grains. Had me bugged for a while until I got my stuff together. My best so far was .8 grains (dredging), and got .6 grains at Point Bar when it was all cleaned up and blue bowled. But I have yet to run more than about 1/3rd yard (I thought I had run more than that, but nope!). I hope to run at a spring get together - but I will run in April sometime - with the trommel. I hope to run about 20 buckets or so..... I will let you know when I go - it will be on a Friday. Maybe Tymkovich's, or up past Tunnel 3 on Clear Creek, where the group met first last year (1 mile up from the Mayhem Creek parking area).
Caveman
What equipment is allowed at Youngfield?
fenixsmom
Anything not gas powered I do believe. Ill track down the city regs and post it. Give me a sec.
fenixsmom
http://www.ci.wheatridge.co.us/index.aspx?NID=1184
Caveman
Thank you very much!
fenixsmom
But of course! .....its so easy, even a caveman can do it :D.....
Caveman
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Mar 11 2014, 08:21 PM) *
But of course! .....its so easy, even a caveman can do it :D.....

Ok, Geico chick!

smiley-cool14.gif
fenixsmom
Hmm which is better, geico chick or "fancy".... gen069.gif groucho.gif
Caveman
How about "Fancy Geico Chick"?
fenixsmom
HAHA!!!!!!
Caveman
Should I duck? tomatoes.gif

Thanks for the info - I may just go there in April to run my power sluice. Need a battery box, though.
goldchef
would love to catch up with anyone when i canjava script:add_smilie(":bash:","smid_30")
swizz
QUOTE (Caveman @ Mar 11 2014, 08:12 PM) *
Should I duck?

No, that would be Aflac.
Goldchef... nice work out here. Thanks for posting the great pics! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif
Caveman
Oh, quack. mellow.gif
fenixsmom
Bwahahahaha eating-popcorn-03.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.