Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP! HELP!!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
Alabama John
I am a complete newbie and need info about which National Park would give me the best opportunity to find gem stones. Wanting to take part of my bucket list to Colorado and bring grandson.

smileyflag.gif Please advise me, THANKS

CP
Hi Alabama John, welcome to the Colorado Prospector forums. sign0016.gif Make yourself right at home.

Prospecting, collecting, or sampling minerals within national parks is a big no no. sadno.gif Nationl parks are some neat places to visit along the travels but you'll want to pick out somewhere other than that for your prospecting adventures.

Have a great time out there with your grandson and safe travels.
Alabama John
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Feb 15 2014, 07:21 PM) *
Hi Alabama John, welcome to the Colorado Prospector forums. sign0016.gif Make yourself right at home. Prospecting, collecting, or sampling minerals within national parks is a big no no. sadno.gif Nationl parks are some neat places to visit along the travels but you'll want to pick out somewhere other than that for your prospecting adventures. Have a great time out there with your grandson and safe travels.
Alabama John
Thanks so much for that advise. Could you recommend a general area we might try?

Thanks again for the advice

fenixsmom
National forests are good, but research and make sure there are no claims. Gi to the blm and usda website. For laws and regulations. website for
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.