Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Short trip to the creek
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
traddoerr
Friday I met Betsy down at the creek for a little panning and really just visit with her a bit. The water was flowing a little faster due to melting snow in the metro area, but still accesable. We panned for about an hour & 1/2, I filled couple buckets for Betsy sinse she couldn't get out in the deeper water. Picture of the flakes is what I snuffered out of the pan and the rest went into my con bucket.

Caveman, not sure if your familure with this area but here are some pics, sorry didn't make it down to the other area to get more pics. the one picture with the grass, you can see there isn't much grass anymore and the rock bar doesn't come all the way across anymore, its now about 2" deep along the grass now and flowing fast, and is now the main part of the river where it use to dry up. The last pic is a very scary selfy smiley-laughing021.gif .

traddoerr
fenixsmom, hope you'll be able to make it down one day with us, maybe this Sunday, Betsy said it would be good to have another lady to talk to.
fenixsmom
I hope so too! I'd love to meet a firecracker!!! Is she going to make it tomorrow?
Caveman
Dave, it that the US36, I76 overpass complex? Or is that further upriver? I am not familiar with those areas, though. Pretty good gold you got there too. Also, I can't tell if Betsy is the woman I met at Tym's. Looks like the creek has had major changes, though.
traddoerr
It is in that area, Betsy's not sure it was her either because she hasn't panned with any other woman other than my daughter in the last 4yrs. At 86yrs old she still insist on carring her own buckets and stuff to and from the creek, TUFF OLD BIRD!.

QUOTE (Caveman @ Feb 15 2014, 11:00 AM) *
Dave, it that the US36, I76 overpass complex? Or is that further upriver? I am not familiar with those areas, though. Pretty good gold you got there too. Also, I can't tell if Betsy is the woman I met at Tym's. Looks like the creek has had major changes, though.

traddoerr
She said she will be there, but will get there about 10am and stay till about 1pm or so due to family plans, also depends on weather as well.

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Feb 15 2014, 09:25 AM) *
I hope so too! I'd love to meet a firecracker!!! Is she going to make it tomorrow?

fenixsmom
Had an awesome day with Dennis, Dan and Miss Betsy. I learned so much and got to.play with Dennis's toys!!!! Thank you again! I can't wait until next time! However, I'm going to rest my sciotic (?sp) nerve. I pinched it. It was worth it though!!!
traddoerr
Glad to have met you fenixsmom and glad you had a great time. Now you can enjoy some at home panning with your cons, and you know you have some color in it thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . We will definitly meet out there on the creek again, and soon.

And to you jokers out there, the toy she's refering to is my Keene A52 sluice,smiley-laughing021.gif

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Feb 16 2014, 05:23 PM) *
Had an awesome day with Dennis, Dan and Miss Betsy. I learned so much and got to.play with Dennis's toys!!!! Thank you again! I can't wait until next time! However, I'm going to rest my sciotic (?sp) nerve. I pinched it. It was worth it though!!!

CP
Sounds like everyone had a fun time out meeting on the creek, cool! happy088.gif

Hope your back and leg are feeling better today too fenixsmom, lower back and leg pain is not fun at all.
Take it easy and rest up today. biggrin.gif
fenixsmom
Aww thank you Dan! Believe me I am trying!
traddoerr
Hello fenixsmom, I second what Dan said, I hope your back is doing better. Next time we'll set the sluice up closer and haul the bucket over to you. when you finaly get to pan/clean your cons let me know how you did.
fenixsmom
It's much better now! No more pinched nerve! Sadly I get used to it, another awesome side effect of pregnancy... It's even better when I'm standing and hr lands a kick on my nerve lol. Thank you for everything again! How did your homework go last night?
traddoerr
I remember my wife going through the same. your welcome. I got all the home work done at about 11pm last night, sigh! wacko.gif

QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Feb 17 2014, 04:47 PM) *
It's much better now! No more pinched nerve! Sadly I get used to it, another awesome side effect of pregnancy... It's even better when I'm standing and hr lands a kick on my nerve lol. Thank you for everything again! How did your homework go last night?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.