Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cool geode
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
russau
several years back i was at a sand and gravel plant (with permission) and while there i looked over their undersized "rock" pile. this is a sand and gravel plant close to the Mississippi River and is in the old river channel. they use a clamsheel bucket to pull sand/rock from about 150 foot deep. while looking around at everything i noticed this small geode that was cracked in half. it had a broydial hematite or magnitite(?)heart shape in the middle and the outside was a litter gray material. i thought this was really neat untill i found the other half in that pile about a hour latter.this was just before Valentines day so i gave it to my wife.(last of the big spenders,RIGHT!). now i cant find the other half of this geode.

fenixsmom
Sad day!!!! I'm sorry I hope you find it!
Denise
Really cool Geode Russ! I bet your wife really liked it, even if it was just the one half. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Chef Mel
What a great find! Who wouldn't want a heart shaped geode for Valentines Day?
Crusty
Love finding heart shaped stuff; I've got hundreds of pieces. Very nice find; hope you find the other half!!
fenixsmom
That is a beautiful Barber by the way! Worth about 19 in its condition! I'm a numastmatist as well!
Caveman
Russ - I hope you find the other half - It's always nice when couples share the same heart!
fenixsmom
QUOTE (Caveman @ Feb 5 2014, 06:48 PM) *
Russ - I hope you find the other half - It's always nice when couples share the same heart!

Who says cavemen can't be romantic?! wub.gif
Caveman
Oh, we are - it's just that our ladies like to be dragged back to the cave...... Otherwise, we'd carry them!
fenixsmom
I hope you don't go around clubbin em like seals.
Caveman
Nope - believe it or not, cavewomen club back. And they are not nice about it either - they mean to hurt! smiley-shocked003.gif
fenixsmom
Naturally!
Caveman
Does your husband know you are a cavewoman? If not, he needs to look out!
fenixsmom
He's a hunter, I'm a gatherer. You know the whole Mars Venus thing!
Caveman
That's very cool!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.