Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Equipment from Alaska
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Historical Equipment and Tales
amorton
So I know I sort of dropped off the map for a while. I relocated to Delta Junction Alaska. I am buying 5 acres here and started a new job in early October. I loaded everything I still owned onto a trailer and headed north. So I will try and become an active participant once again. So any thoughts on what this is? I will post of the outside picture a bit later.

russau
it seams to me it is a(small dredge?) lifting device.gear reduction/dual band brakes/and the heavy casting peices/but the engagment lever gives it away! sounds like your in for a heck of a time with your new job. i also know several people that have moved up to Alaska. my son wanted me to do so,but im to old and sore to even think about it anymore! cant wait for the pictures and the story that goes with them!!
swizz
Hi Andrew!
Bucket line dredge?
amorton
So not specifically a piece of mining equipment this is an old shovel that was used to build the Alcan Highway. Delta Junction where I am now living is the end of the Alcan and there is a good display of the old road building equipment that was left after the finished the road.

Caveman
Oh, yes. Amazing what equipment looked like before hydraulics were the norm!
Coalbunny
At first I was gonna say an Alaskan Homemade Motorcycle, looking at all the gears, chains and cables. I see I was wrong.
greensmilies-025.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.