Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Acts Of Kindness
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
swizz
Completely random.
So I was in a line at a McDonald's drive-thru about a month ago. A little stressed on my way to a log home project and getting the quick breakfast to pack some carbs. It was gonna be a hard day with a lot of high work, and cold.
I placed my order then drove up to the first window with my money ready to pay.
The McDonald's employee said "you're good to go, the person ahead of you paid for your order, random act of kindness".
It was a simple thing but caught me off guard and really made me feel good that morning, kinda restored a small amount of hope that I have for humanity.
I randomly did the same thing to someone unknown behind me in line the other day.
There ya go.
Crusty
That's very cool!
russau
I SALUTE that person! yep thats gotta feel mighty good to experience that!kinda makes a nice warm spot!!
Denise
We noticed off in the distance that a tent popped up and that there was a vehicle with it. After a few day of really bad weather with lots of rain and hail, we noticed that the tent was still up. Dan decided to go over and see what was up. He came back and told Tim and myself that there is a family that just moved in down the road. Two kids with their Mom and Dad. Rough situation coming out to the valley here with nothing but each other....We know all too well!! They said that Dan was the first to come out and introduce himself to them and it was very nice to meet a neighbor. He noticed they were doing all their cooking on the ground. The guy asked if there was some where to get wood cheaper than $6.00 for a half an arm load. Dan told them that if they needed some wood to just come over and we will give them some. They have no axe even so we will give them some we already chopped. Doesn't seem like much but to a family that has nothing and is trying to survive, it means the world.

Do what you can for someone that you see can use it, it all adds up.
happy112.gif
Caveman
Denise, get some info on hard goods that they may need, and I will see what I can come up with. I have some spare hand axes, old shovels, etc.
swizz
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jun 1 2014, 07:06 AM) *
Doesn't seem like much but to a family that has nothing and is trying to survive, it means the world.

Do what you can for someone that you see can use it, it all adds up.

SO TRUE!
Really nice of you guys. greensmilies-012.gif
Denise
QUOTE (Caveman @ Jun 10 2014, 09:03 PM) *
Denise, get some info on hard goods that they may need, and I will see what I can come up with. I have some spare hand axes, old shovels, etc.

Oddly enough, we haven't heard from them yet. confused0082[1].gif They did say they had plans of building but haven't started anything yet. I'm thinking they must have a storage unit somewhere close with the essential tools needed to do so? The only tool they mentioned they didn't have was an axe for chopping wood. If we hear from them we will enquire.

Really smoky and hazy here today in the valley from the surrounding states fires. sad.gif
Caveman
So that was where all that smoky haze came from came from.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.