Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Cold?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
swizz
Seems like the whole state is in the deep freeze this morning.
Where are you and how cold is it this morning? I've got -26 and a roaring fire going inside. Winter Park/Fraser area.
Crusty
you win! emoticon-object-024.gif
swizz
nope, my mining claims win... weather station there is reporting -31... ain't fit for man nor beeeeeast (WC Fields voice) chaplin.gif
Caveman
emoticon-object-024.gif -1 and sunny as all H. emoticon-object-024.gif And yes, Chris, you win! ....or rather, your claims do......
swizz
Sunny here now too and up to -19. I'll be working on the interior of a log McMansion this morning, about to go start the Jeepy. I hope they have the heat at a reasonable temp there today. I'll be the only one there.
Caveman
a log McMansion? Now log homes are going to get creepy....
swizz
lol... naw, nothing creepy. There are log "cabins" (1500sf or smaller), log "homes"(maybe up to 5000sf), and huge log "mansions" (7000sf++). I just refer to the huge ones as "McMansions", not sure why.
ASTROBLEME
Just more proof that these are "the good old days"...vs when the gold rush prospectors and pioneers were alive. Can you even imagine what those folks faced on a day-to-day basis?

emoticon-object-024.gif

ASTROBLEME
Caveman
7000sqft+????!!!!???? Holieeee crap! That's a lot of trees. Big un's. Need more than 35 acres for one of those.......

And yes - the old timers were REAL hardy back then
Denise
How cold you ask? TOO DAMN COLD!! giggle.gif But that's not holding us back. emoticon-object-009.gif
Dypheron
It's still in the high 60's low 70's here during the day, drops to about 40 at night. I'll take it.
llamabox
We hit -31 Tuesday down here between Saguache and Creed.
Denise
Wow! It's like a warm spell here right now. extra_happy.gif Temp was 20 at 3:30 this morning. Hope everyone else is getting a bit of this weather.
swizz
In the mid 20s here this morning and I got a nice helping of fluff last night, no wind... purty. emoticon-object-024.gif
russau
a week ago or so it was in the single digits,yesterday it was a record setting 71 degrees here in good ole St.Louis Misery!:)
burrell
Wed was low 30s rain which turned to ice pellets and then to snow for about 20 minutes. Just not right in the land of shorts and flipflops Sopchoppy Fl. Thur everything with a sheet of ice on it.
Denise
smiley-shocked003.gif That's really crazy temps for Florida Burrell! Hang in there, stay warm and safe. Hopefully warmer temps are right around the corner.
OklaPony
We're getting a little snowfall in OK this morning...

Click to view attachment
Denise
That's going to make for some sketchy drivers there! jawdrop.gif Not something everyone there is use to.....sure is pretty though. smile.gif
Caveman
-16 here this mornin' with high humidity. emoticon-object-024.gif Dang freakin' cold.
swizz
QUOTE (Caveman @ Feb 6 2014, 09:16 AM) *
-16 here this mornin' with high humidity. emoticon-object-024.gif Dang freakin' cold.

You guys have me beat this time. sweet.gif
It must be an upslope..... about +30 here and overcast with light snow off/on. emoticon-object-024.gif
Caveman
QUOTE (swizz @ Feb 6 2014, 11:30 AM) *
You guys have me beat this time. sweet.gif
It must be an upslope..... about +30 here and overcast with light snow off/on. emoticon-object-024.gif

I wasn't thinking it was a competition........ I was just bit.... er...... complaining about how cold it was. char060.gif At least I don't have to go out and start the darn generator
anymore - the AGS kicks it on now with no problems. I can even run the ceiling fans to distribute the heat without worrying about the power shutting down..... keep the well
pump beaker on, etc. extra_happy.gif One problem down, a thousand more to go! mad.gif Life at the Copper Rose. At least the dogs are happy!
Coalbunny
+42F as I type. Been a very dry winter so far. Looking like the drought is gonna be bad this year. Unless we get a lot of precip this summer and fall, next winter better be a 100 year snow or it's gonna take a decade to recover the watershed.

I know a couple weeks ago I drove to the top of Lila Point, and in a normal winter I shouldn't have been able to get past the Horse Canyon mine.
Having low water in the creeks out here is not good. Where ya'll're at in Colorado, well low water means getting to gold you couldn't get to normally unless you were diving.
Here, first things first- ya gotta have the gold in the creeks to go after before ya can try to to get some.

I'll let ya'll know how I fair coal-panning! smiley-laughing021.gif
russau
Carl im assumeing that your still in the last location you sent me and not back in Colorado! but this drought is going tobe a bad one and i hope it dont affect the dredgeing at DC this year or the Arkansa River.
Denise
Crazy weather this year in Colorado I think. It was 60 out side yesterday!! smiley-shocked003.gif thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Coalbunny
You are correct Russ. Still in Utah. We have been getting some precipitation lately, but it's sparse. This year is not looking at being a pretty one. But look on the bright side- it's gonna be a great year for panning and dry washing!
swizz
First morning of the season breaking the -30 mark.
Cold Morn by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr
Crusty
emoticon-object-024.gif smiley-shocked003.gif
Denise
smiley-shocked003.gif Dang Chris, that's cold!! Hasn't gotten below 2 here yet but soon coming.

Stay warm!!

swizz
A little colder this morning.
Cold by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr
Denise
Brrrr! It got down to -22 this morning. Was snowed in yesterday, so we spent the day digging out. Drifts as high as 3 feet in places we didn't want them...hehe. Dan and Tim finally made it to the store to get gas for the genny but when he went to start it, the motor was froze solid. emoticon-object-024.gif kick_can.gif

swizz
I'm rooting for spring!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (Denise @ Jan 7 2017, 07:25 AM) *
Brrrr! It got down to -22 this morning. Was snowed in yesterday, so we spent the day digging out. Drifts as high as 3 feet in places we didn't want them...hehe. Dan and Tim finally made it to the store to get gas for the genny but when he went to start it, the motor was froze solid. emoticon-object-024.gif kick_can.gif

I think about y'all down there everytime they show the CO temp map on the news smiley-shocked003.gif
johnnybravo300
-41 in gunnison this morning. One of my Subaru's wouldn't start.
swizz
Chilly here last night.
Brrr by GhostCreekMine, on Flickr
Denise
Brrrrr! wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.