Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wood working and carvings
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Prospector's Crafts & Creations
Denise
purple_heart.gif I love working with wood. This is one that we have that is really, not sure who made it though! It's about 6" long. Sure would be cool to be able to wood carve like this.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Do you have any cool wood workings or carvings to show? We would love to see them.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
swizz
So cool! That's a brain teaser.
russau
Yes that is very nice work! i once knew a guy that could carve real good! he carved a small "working" cerscent wrench..
swizz
I have a wood carving project in mind for this winter.
These two pieces recently fell into my lap and I see potential.
The top piece is an interesting driftwood that I found on Lake Granby last week while fishing. The second.... I got from my firewood guy. He always sets odd pieces aside for me because he knows I'm artsy fartsy. Coincidentally he called me the day after I found the driftwood (out of the blue) and said he had an interesting piece of beetle-kill with a large knot missing. He brought it over and I think it'll work well with the driftwood. I've got a good idea which direction I want to go with these... they will become one.
Gonna be a fun one! Ma Nature has already done some of the work for me. wink.gif

Denise
Very cool piece Swizz, it almost looks like a dragon. Will be interesting to see what you do with them. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
BTW....Love the rug!!
Denise
Here is a piece the cat has been working on for several months. laugh.gif Cool looking how deep the grooves are getting....it's either that piece or anything wood in the house. biggrin.gif Piece is about 16 inches long.

Shawnee Man
Not sure if this displayed work qualifies but it was done with a Drumel. Also shown is a live edge slab I made into a bench.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.