Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: book cliffs!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
crystalkelly
hi all!

jeff and kelly here, a couple of rockhounds from estes park :) i've been roaming these forum pages for a while now, and have connected a bit with woody and victoria (thanks ya'll).

kelly and i recently took a trip to moab, and stopped at the book cliffs area outside of grand junction on our way back. we were looking for barite nodules, hoping to find some barite/calcite in the mix. unfortunately, we had little luck finding the main dig site and couldn't find any nodules. however, we drove over to palisade and explored the book cliffs over there, finding some gypsum, calcite, and an amAzing fossil of what we first thought to be an ammonite (we've since been told it may be an orthoceras) complete with dendrites and crystallization inside!

anyways, i plan on being around these pages more now that we're registered. i'm wondering if anyone has detailed directions to the main dig site for barite in the book cliffs north of grand junction. we're heading to san fran this weekend, and may stop there again to try our new luck :)

also, if anyone knows of any spots between here and CA that we should check out, we'd love to check em' out...

also also, kelly manages Dicks rockshop up here in estes and we have lots of rocks who need homes (not much traffic since the flood), so if anyone is looking for some large pieces of rose quartz, sodalite, green/blue/white quartz, petrified/opalized wood, fuchsite, peridot, apatite, etc...we've got a lot. the rose quartz is particularly stunning... also have lots of gems and crystals :)

much love everyone!

jeff
Crusty
Sounds like y'all will be a great addition to the group! Welcome!!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.