Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Visiting Colorado Springs - Any Digs This Upcoming Weekend
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
2rtistic
Hi,

I'm new to this site and wondering if anyone is going on a dig this upcoming weekend (10/19) or if anyone has suggestions of where to go to dig some crystals (amazonite, topaz or smoky quartz)? I've seen some sites but they aren't clear cut and I went to Devils head but could not find the "open pits" one site talked about. You'd think there would be a sign that shows where it is. Anyway, I've never dug crystals except in Fort Drum Florida - for calcite crystal clams. Thank you in advance for any help and advice/clues of what to look for! I'm hoping to take back some specimens for my local society to drool over.

Mel
Crusty
QUOTE (2rtistic @ Oct 18 2013, 12:05 AM) *
Hi,

I'm new to this site and wondering if anyone is going on a dig this upcoming weekend (10/19) or if anyone has suggestions of where to go to dig some crystals (amazonite, topaz or smoky quartz)? I've seen some sites but they aren't clear cut and I went to Devils head but could not find the "open pits" one site talked about. You'd think there would be a sign that shows where it is. Anyway, I've never dug crystals except in Fort Drum Florida - for calcite crystal clams. Thank you in advance for any help and advice/clues of what to look for! I'm hoping to take back some specimens for my local society to drool over.

Mel

Sorry, didn't log on over the weekend. Hope you found somewhere to find some treasures!

As far as having signs posted... for those who want it bad enough, you can find productive areas; if you start posting billboards, it'd make it too easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.