Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mining locations near Estes park Colorado
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
Altitude gold miner
I have gotten into gold prospecting and I was wondering if there were some fair places near Estes park to find some gold.
Coalbunny
Lots of places. It's well known for it's history in gold mining.

Second best source is history. Third best is the local museum. THE best is going out and looking.
Do all three, you'll love it!
russau
we were to be at Estes Park last week but like everything else it got cancelled due to a lot of things. good thing it got cancelled!
Coalbunny
Come on Russ! Couldn't be any easier! All ya gotta do is stand out in the middle of the highway (in your wetsuit) with your sluicebox!
russau
Carl my back still isnt up to it! and my wife just went back to work as a substitute teacher for a school system close to the house.
Coalbunny
Well heck buddy. I'm sorry to hear that. I figure thre's gotta be something for ya, though...?
russau
well hopefully!!! im planning on takeing my utility trailer and going to a sand and gravel business when the water is down(Fall) in the Missouri River and getting a load of their unproccessed material right off the barge. i plan on doing some research into what part of the River they are getting it from.and then screening it down and running it through my equipment.since its costing a bunch to travel to dredge, maybe this will give me the fix i need without adding the travel fees!BUT next summer im going out come heck or high water. haveing this year off because of my back is REALLY a drag!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.