Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gophers Needed!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
MineralArtist
Anyone interested in breaking ground on my 20 acre claim in Lake George over Labor Day Weekend? I have found beautiful finds at 1 to 2 feet and I'm sure there is much more to discover, but I'm not great at digging deep. Will share 50/50 what is discovered. Let me know.

V~
Woody
I do believe you are playing my song. I would be honored to assist you with your diggings, However......

Labor Day weekend happens to fall smack in the middle of archery season so I will be off the grid for about two weeks. It's my vacation time and I try to get as far away as possible. The invitation to dig with you on your claim sounds very exciting. I wish I could accommodate your dates. If you are ever in need of assistance on another date please keep me in mind. Good luck in your digs, Woody.
Denise
smileywaving.gif Welcome to the CP forums MineralArtist! Very kind offer of you, sounds like a great opportunity for everyone involved to find some specimens and meet someone new. Thank's for the invite!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

My husband Dan (CP) created a Non-Exclusive, short term "Mining Claim Lease" that you might find useful.
Many claim owner have used it as is or with some ammendments. Make yourself right at home around the website and forum and we would love to see some of your finds.

Denise
smile.gif
traddoerr
MineralArtist, thats a great offer and would've loved to come dig along with ya, BUT, like Woody I'll be out chasing elk with stick n string that whole week, sorry, hope you find lots of good.

Woody, best of luck on the hunt & shoot strait & true!
MineralArtist
Thank you, Denise! That was helpful and appreciated :-) Been going up there as frequently as I can these days, which amounts to about one day per week and some weekends. It is just a beautiful area to relax and soak up the sun and fresh air. Have now gotten more into the digging part too and have gone to about 3-4 feet and starting to find larger smokies & fluorites on one side of the claim, and amazonite and hard quartz crystals on the other. Digging is much more fun with friends along, so the offer is open to anyone interested. I will start using the agreement too. Thank you do Dan for taking the time to create it and share it.
MineralArtist
To those who are interested - My offer is a STANDING OFFER. 20 acres is a huge area to look around on, and I would enjoy having new friends to search with. Thanks to Denise & Dan, I will have anyone interested in joining me fill out a Lease form for me (this claim is a right off to my business and this will help with the documentation). I know that there is a lot of claim jumping that occurs out there and I do not condone this. Personally, I would enjoy visiting other people's sites/digs, and want to open up my site for others to explore with my permission to do so. I am also not a greedy person and if an incredible find is discovered, all I ask is that it is shared 50/50.

I am looking forward to meeting new people, and learning some new techniques. Right now I have the flexibility to join you during the week, but once I accept a full time position, I will be back to weekends only. This is not to say that once a friendship is made, that you couldn't retain the flexibility to go out during the week. Trust and honesty are important to me... May your conscience be your guide, and our heavenly father be the judge of your actions. (This is one of my personal mottos).
sunspirit
MineralArtist,
I would like to come down and check out your claim. How can I get in touch with you? Send me a PM, or, I can send one to you. You can reach me at 970 622-9500 during business hours. (10-5)

QUOTE (MineralArtist @ Aug 22 2013, 08:36 AM) *
To those who are interested - My offer is a STANDING OFFER. 20 acres is a huge area to look around on, and I would enjoy having new friends to search with. Thanks to Denise & Dan, I will have anyone interested in joining me fill out a Lease form for me (this claim is a right off to my business and this will help with the documentation). I know that there is a lot of claim jumping that occurs out there and I do not condone this. Personally, I would enjoy visiting other people's sites/digs, and want to open up my site for others to explore with my permission to do so. I am also not a greedy person and if an incredible find is discovered, all I ask is that it is shared 50/50.

I am looking forward to meeting new people, and learning some new techniques. Right now I have the flexibility to join you during the week, but once I accept a full time position, I will be back to weekends only. This is not to say that once a friendship is made, that you couldn't retain the flexibility to go out during the week. Trust and honesty are important to me... May your conscience be your guide, and our heavenly father be the judge of your actions. (This is one of my personal mottos).

CP
Hi V,

I'd really like to visit your claim at some time in the future when I can make it and thank you very much for the offer to everyone. I'm sure there will be more folks who'll be interested in the future as well, that's a great area for prospecting.
I've also moved this thread on over to the outings sections for the open invite.

How did the Labor day dig/outting go? We'd all love to hear and see reports anytime.

Hope we can get up there to meet up with you sometime.
MineralArtist
I'm headed out there on Saturday coming up, but also going hunting in the area (not on my claim) first with Woody from the group. I don't mind the extra company - so write me and I will give you details on time/place to meet.

Victoria
swizz
QUOTE (MineralArtist @ Sep 17 2013, 10:03 AM) *
I'm headed out there on Saturday coming up, but also going hunting in the area (not on my claim) first with Woody from the group.

So..... how did it go? I would consider Woody to be an excellent resource for field exploration.
Any pics? char098.gif
divemaster
QUOTE (MineralArtist @ Aug 19 2013, 06:32 AM) *
Anyone interested in breaking ground on my 20 acre claim in Lake George over Labor Day Weekend? I have found beautiful finds at 1 to 2 feet and I'm sure there is much more to discover, but I'm not great at digging deep. Will share 50/50 what is discovered. Let me know.

V~

This was posted quite awhile ago.....is it still a current offer.....planning to vaca in july 2014.....any campgrounds close by?
Crusty
If Victoria is up for it, maybe we could plan a spring get together here to meet up and get to know each other. Would love to meet y'all... finding cool stuff would be a great bonus! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

RhodoRose
MineralArtist,
I'd also like to drive up from Colorado Springs this spring. I have room in my car, so as we get closer to a planned time/day perhaps someone would like to carpool. Thank-you kindly for the offer - it would be great to meet some people from this forum! smile.gif

p.s. divemaster, I'm not sure about campgrounds in Lake George, per se, but I think there might be campgrounds around nearby 11-Mile Reservoir. There are several nice campgrounds close to Woodland Park, including South Meadows, located 5 miles north of Woodland Park along Hwy 67. Fairly primitive as far as amenities, but beautiful and only costs $5/night. You can book a campsite at:
http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Sout...mp;parkId=70683

Also not far from Lake George is a large, developed campground in Mueller State Park, along Hwy 67 just south of Divide, which has full hookups, running toilets, and coin-operated laundry and showers. It is also beautiful but very popular during the summer, so advisable to book a site as soon as you know your dates at: http://www.parks.state.co.us/Parks/Mueller...lerCamping.aspx

I'll look around for additional options closer to Lake George and pass them along to you as I find them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.