Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: need a place to dig
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
scarylarry
Hi everyone.Larry Coleman here from northern Mich. I've always wanted to hop on my bike and head to Colorado for a gem and mineral adventure.So before i get to dam old to do it it would be great if i could get an invite from one rock hound to another to come on out and dig with em.I'll have a good sleeping bag and my tools and my lucky troll.And the luck that's big enough to spread around.I'm in pretty good shape and i'll do my share plus some. I've been an outdoors kinda guy all my life. So if anyone could a strong back and some good luck please let me know before the wife changes her mind. You married guys know what i'm talking about. Well i hope to hear from someone before it gets too late in the season. Thanks a bunch and hope to see ya soon. Larry Coleman 989.595.3281 Alpena Mich
swizz
Hi Larry,
Do you have any specific dates in mind? What part of the state are you planning to be in and what type of gems/minerals would you prefer to look for?
This might help people who are willing to help you.
scarylarry
QUOTE (swizz @ Jul 29 2013, 10:34 AM) *
Hi Larry,
Do you have any specific dates in mind? What part of the state are you planning to be in and what type of gems/minerals would you prefer to look for?

First off thank you for responding, I'd like to hunt for Topaz,aqua marine, or pretty open to any gem and i could leave Mich. after aug.5th [wedding] i can load up the harley and be headed that way after that, Just have to change oil and put on a new tire and i'll be on my way as long as i can get a pretty good weather forcast. I know the weather can get a little funny out there this time of year depending on how high were going.But being from northern mich. i'm use to cold and kinda like it.If you can hook me up with someone i'd like to talk to them and get a heads up on what tools to bring and such. Thank You very very much Larry Coleman 989.595.3281
scarylarry
QUOTE (swizz @ Jul 29 2013, 10:34 AM) *
Hi Larry,

First off thank you for responding, I'd like to hunt for Topaz,aqua marine, or pretty open to any gem and i could leave Mich. after aug.5th [wedding] i can load up the harley and be headed that way after that, Just have to change oil and put on a new tire and i'll be on my way as long as i can get a pretty good weather forcast. I know the weather can get a little funny out there this time of year depending on how high were going.But being from northern mich. i'm use to cold and kinda like it.If you can hook me up with someone i'd like to talk to them and get a heads up on what tools to bring and such. Thank You very very much Larry Coleman 989.595.3281
swizz
Thanks! I think we have the foundation of a plan to work with now. When I think of Topaz and Aquamarine... I think of south-central Colorado, primarily South Park. I'm in north-central Colorado but we have members in the south and south-central portions of the state who may be willing to help. There is also the option of joining the CP club if you haven't. Dan and Denise have listed pre-researched public owned Club locations for members to use. Each location has mapping, verification information, and a description or hint of what gems/minerals you might find while exploring each area. It really helps to narrow things down if you don't know the state well. The club areas are not claims... they are pre-researched areas still owned by We The People and there for your exploration/discovery use as per the Mining Laws Of 1872.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.