Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I Want This Thang!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
swizz
Gold Hog Highbanker
I've followed Doc's videos since he started and have been using his matting in my equipment. He really knows his chit and is all about quality and customer service.
The Gold Hog banker would really suit my needs well at the claims for processing volumes of unclassified material with good portability. Price is a little steep but it looks like a well built and engineered lifetime machine. Basically a field production version of the plastic "Gold Cube" type of sluice which is more of a processing tool.... but same concept (only much larger) with stair-casing sluices to create a variety of turbulances.
My business has been good so far this season.... "IF" I get a little rich this year, it's mine. That's a big "IF" though. kick_can.gif
I'd have them build it to class & process down to 1/2" and run it with a trash pump. Their spec is 1/4" but they can modify it for 1/2" at the factory. Some of our Gold at the claims can exceed 1/4" (rarely) and don't want that buried in the tailing piles forever.

Anyone had any experience with this unit or have any thoughts on Doc's work?
Caveman
I love this "thang" too! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif In fact, if I had not been able to get Andrew's trommel, Karen was going to get it for me. The price is steep, but it is worth it. I appreciate Doc's work, and have watched a lot of his youtube vids. Chris, if you get this unit, I have to see it in action. It's way cool! smiley-cool14.gif
traddoerr
Chris, there is a guy that I run into on lower Clear Creek every now and then and he has the Hog, and I can say he does move allot of materal through it, unclassified or 1/2" classified, he was moving 18 buckets to my 5/6 buckets classified. He says this is the best one he has owned so far,but like you said it set him back I think he said $1200-$1500. Best, Dennis thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
russau
yep, Doc has some good products! and very good instructional videos! yes the price is step but so is the value of gold! if this or any peice of equipment can be utilized often throughout the year and not just 1 or 2 times a year. then it could pay for itself quickly! then this or any proven equipment would be worth the cost!
Caveman
I'm still at the hobby level, and do not expect to make any money back.... but I'm having fun doing it! Some year, I hope to put enough together to make a ring for Mrs Caveman. purple_heart.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.