Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: see ya'll in a year
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Off Topic
Pages: 1, 2
Dypheron
Well folks I'm on my way back to the land of lapis, currently sitting in the terminal at Dover AFB. As usual waiting on the Air Force to figure out if they feel like flying...

Crusty, I'll shoot you a message once I get boots on ground and we'll grab lunch or coffee.
Caveman
Brandon, best of luck to you! Wish you well in all you do over there. Send us some contact info for you when you can. Take care!
swizz
Brandon,
I'll miss ya this mining season, had a blast the last two outings. Could really use your help at the claims and I know you would like the work but they should be in great shape for you next season! And I know it's an old cliche and you've heard it a million times but.... stay safe over there and thank you again for your service. Looking forward to mining with you again.
Will you be able to use a pc over there and stay in touch on the forums once in a while?
Crusty
See you when you get here!

Swizz, there are plenty of places to get internet, so he should be able to link up, maybe even from work (not sure what his job is). He gives the Air Force shit, but I'm still in bed, using the wireless internet in my room. cloud9.gif
Dypheron
QUOTE (Crusty @ Jul 1 2013, 09:12 PM) *
See you when you get here!

Swizz, there are plenty of places to get internet, so he should be able to link up, maybe even from work (not sure what his job is). He gives the Air Force shit, but I'm still in bed, using the wireless internet in my room. cloud9.gif

Darn right I do! If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't be stuck in Dover trying to go more than 30 feet on a C5! (And you think I'm kidding about that, we sat for 3 hours waiting on the bird, rolled 30 feet and couldn't turn, 2 hours later they finally decided it was broken.) As luck has it you guys are so spoiled that there was plenty of Jack waiting for me at the front desk of Air Force Lodging... It really all is in good fun though, cross service ribbing is expected and in some cases absolutely necessary.
Crusty
QUOTE (Dypheron @ Jul 2 2013, 01:09 PM) *
Darn right I do! If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't be stuck in Dover trying to go more than 30 feet on a C5! (And you think I'm kidding about that, we sat for 3 hours waiting on the bird, rolled 30 feet and couldn't turn, 2 hours later they finally decided it was broken.) As luck has it you guys are so spoiled that there was plenty of Jack waiting for me at the front desk of Air Force Lodging... It really all is in good fun though, cross service ribbing is expected and in some cases absolutely necessary.

I got no defense, the C5 is a POS! Can haul a lot of stuff WHEN it actually takes off, but their reliability rate sucks.
Hope you're not flying in that thing the whole way, because it'll break every leg.
Caveman
C5's were awesome in their day! That is, when they were new. Now, they are old and "Crusty" happy112.gif music037.gif like most of us old prospectors - we get the job done, but it may take us a while!
Dypheron
I don't really expect to fly before the holiday. There's nothing to do here that doesn't require a vehicle to get to (which we don't have), but there is plenty of Yuengling beer to drink (Which we had lots of yesterday).

Chris, I'll be on a computer all day long at work so I'll keep tabs on whats going on around here.
CP
QUOTE (Caveman @ Jul 3 2013, 07:41 AM) *
C5's were awesome in their day! That is, when they were new. Now, they are old and "Crusty" happy112.gif music037.gif like most of us old prospectors - we get the job done, but it may take us a while!

smiley-laughing021.gif

Stay safe guys and thanks for your service, we'll see ya' soon when you return and hopefully get out on the digs together.
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Dypheron
Made it to the land of Lapis finally, nothing ever changes over here because it's pretty much the same way I left it.
Caveman
QUOTE (Dypheron @ Jul 11 2013, 07:56 PM) *
Made it to the land of Lapis finally, nothing ever changes over here because it's pretty much the same way I left it.

Glad you made there safe. C5's may not be the most reliable or comfortable bird, but they will get you there. Stay safe, Brandon.
Crusty
All right, I've officially met my first fellow club member... in Afghanistan! Just had lunch with Brandon!
russau
thats got tobe a good feeling! when i was in RVN in 68/69 i ran into a guy(assigned to my unit) that i went to highschool with!
Caveman
It's always a good feeling to meet with people you have been swapping tales and experiences with! And who also have common interests. Looking forward to meeting up with you too, once you get back. Keep us posted when you do and I'll make some time. Take care and stay safe! Keep Brandon in line too... He's one of the good 'uns!
swizz
Do they let him wear the kilt over there?
Crusty
QUOTE (swizz @ Jul 14 2013, 07:21 PM) *
Do they let him wear the kilt over there?

Maybe around his hooch... I'm sure the 5 other guys in his mod wouldn't mind his hair legs lol

Shoulda taken a photo to post (sans the kilt!)
Dypheron
QUOTE (Crusty @ Jul 14 2013, 04:14 AM) *
All right, I've officially met my first fellow club member... in Afghanistan! Just had lunch with Brandon!

And we didn't even fight or call each other names! smiley-laughing021.gif

Good time though, if we get together again I'll bring my phone for a picture or two.

Chris, I wear this kilt all the time... Not really, but that is the next kilt I'm going to get. I need a good rugged kilt for outdoor activities.
swizz
QUOTE (Dypheron @ Jul 14 2013, 10:42 AM) *
Chris, I wear this kilt all the time... Not really, but that is the next kilt I'm going to get. I need a good rugged kilt for outdoor activities.

It's called the "Commando". smiley-laughing021.gif
Dypheron
Indeed, just like I'm pretty sure kilt is Gaelic for "He who wears no underwear." happy088.gif
CP
smiley-laughing021.gif the cammando!

Definately get a pic next time guys. We'll caption it "CP club officially goes international"! CP_Member.gif
That's awesome that you two got to hook up.
Denise
smileywaving.gif 3 months and counting........Hope all is going well your way Brandon!!
Dypheron
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Oct 7 2013, 07:50 AM) *
smileywaving.gif 3 months and counting........Hope all is going well your way Brandon!!

Oh, it's going. I'm bored out of my mind at the moment, this budget "crisis" has left me with nothing really to do. No budget = no funds = no work for me.

It's cooling off finally, a nice 95 degrees today with friday projected to be a chilly 86. Lows at night in the 60's.

In other news, well I guess there really isn't other news. It truly is Groundhog Day over here, with none of the fun that Bill Murray would bring and all of the dirt and boredom that is Punxsutawney. Having been through Punxsutawney more times than I'd care to remember I can vouch for its crappiness.

Just think, 263ish more days and I'll be back and ready to dig holes in the stream so pat can fall in them! smiley-laughing021.gif
swizz
Looking forward to your return! cheers.gif
Caveman
What he said! Have to get the camera ready for Pat's splashdown! laugh.gif
Crusty
Quiet & bored there is a good thing!!

I'm sure things will pick up soon, with the looming drawdown "Charlie Foxtrot" approaching.
Denise
QUOTE (Crusty @ Oct 8 2013, 10:58 AM) *
Quiet & bored there is a good thing!!

I'm sure things will pick up soon, with the looming drawdown "Charlie Foxtrot" approaching.

ph34r.gif

Stay safe out there Brandon! At least it sounds like good enough weather to wear your Camo kilt. biggrin.gif

Dypheron
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Oct 10 2013, 07:00 AM) *
ph34r.gif

Stay safe out there Brandon! At least it sounds like good enough weather to wear your Camo kilt. biggrin.gif

He's referring to the insanity that is known as draw down, also known as run around in circles trying to get everything out of here, or in military terms a Cluster Fudge. Only we don't say fudge.

I really do need to order that multicam kilt and get a picture of me all kitted up wearing it.
Denise
It's getting close now........bet your chomping at the bit to get home. Don't worry, there will be some digging just for you Brandon. happy112.gif

The crystals and gold are calling out for you....hear em? music037.gif
Caveman
I hear it, too, but they seem to be calling my name........ happy112.gif
Dypheron
Three more weeks... The Countdown has begun!
Denise
QUOTE (Dypheron @ Jun 13 2014, 09:55 AM) *
Three more weeks... The Countdown has begun!

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif "Tic-Toc, lets go!!"
It will be great to have you back in the states!
smileyflag.gif

You really need to tell me though Brandon.......If you could have something made with Lapis Lazuli, what would it be? biggrin.gif
As you reminded me, time is zipping along and I really want to make you something by the time you get back....so let me know.

eating-popcorn-03.gif
Dypheron
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Jun 13 2014, 10:40 AM) *
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif "Tic-Toc, lets go!!"
It will be great to have you back in the states!
smileyflag.gif

You really need to tell me though Brandon.......If you could have something made with Lapis Lazuli, what would it be? biggrin.gif
As you reminded me, time is zipping along and I really want to make you something by the time you get back....so let me know.

eating-popcorn-03.gif

Surprise me. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
swizz
Can't wait to have ya back buddy! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
You are awesome for your service!!!! smileyflag.gif
russau
Welcome Home!SALUTE!
Denise
Surprise you? slaphead.gif I will just have to make sure it's "fancy" enough for you then. laugh.gif
I bet your bags are mostly packed and waiting at the door. 6 more days!!

(Brandon when he's finally able to head for home. soldier.gif )
Dypheron
It's getting close, that's for sure.
fenixsmom
Welcome home fancy pants! laurel_and_hardy.gif
Dypheron
QUOTE (fenixsmom @ Jun 29 2014, 11:01 PM) *
Welcome home fancy pants! laurel_and_hardy.gif

Don't start counting the chickens yet...At least wait till I post a picture involving beer!
RhodoRose

Welcome home, sir! CPers will happily supply you with that beer! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

CP
QUOTE (Dypheron @ Jul 2 2013, 01:39 AM) *

Hopefully the AF folks don't pick a plane that has no steering to taxi out with for a 5 hour tour! smiley-laughing021.gif
Have a safe trip back state side Brandon, we all look forward to having you around more this year! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif emoticon-object-018.gif
Crusty
I remember how good it felt to be that close... hope you have a smooth/quick trip home!!
Dypheron
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jul 3 2014, 11:24 AM) *
Hopefully the AF folks don't pick a plane that has no steering to taxi out with for a 5 hour tour! smiley-laughing021.gif
Have a safe trip back state side Brandon, we all look forward to having you around more this year! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif emoticon-object-018.gif

No C5 this time around, flying a charter home from Romania. Which by the way is cold and rainy.
Dypheron
Finally made it out of Romania, few hours in Ireland and we'll be on our way again!
Caveman
Waiting to lift a beer with ya! cheers.gif
Dypheron
Been home since tuesday, first chance I've had to get on since then. Spent the day yesterday in denver picking up a jeep and most of today driving around with the top off!
Caveman
WAHOO! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Crusty
Welcome home!! emoticon-object-018.gif
Caveman
Can't wait to get out there with you sometime.
Woody
Welcome home, Now get out and get diggin'.
swizz
Did someone say..... "Jeep"? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.