Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi I'm the new guy
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Prospectors and Rockhounding Field Work
yotafly
Hi my name is Don, my grandmother got me hooked when I was a we lad. I live in the flat lands but I spend all my free time in the hills.
Well no disrespect but yet another forum that is an absolute pain to up load photos. There all under the 4mb req.
any suggestions would be great full. Thanks don.
swizz
Hi Don and welcome to CP! sign0016.gif
I also struggle with various forum image attachment interfaces and subsequently never use them to post pics. Instead I upload my pics to photobucket.com then copy and paste the IMG tags that photobucket provides for each pic. Really fast and easy for me that way.... don't even have to click on the "Insert Image" icon here to post it into a thread.... just paste from photobucket.
I can help you if you go that route. I don't use the attachment feature here but others do well with it.
Crusty
Welcome Don! sign0016.gif

QUOTE (swizz @ Jun 21 2013, 05:47 AM) *
Hi Don and welcome to CP! sign0016.gif
I also struggle with various forum image attachment interfaces and subsequently never use them to post pics. Instead I upload my pics to photobucket.com then copy and paste the IMG tags that photobucket provides for each pic. Really fast and easy for me that way.... don't even have to click on the "Insert Image" icon here to post it into a thread.... just paste from photobucket.
I can help you if you go that route. I don't use the attachment feature here but others do well with it.

Agree... the easiest way is to find a central location to store them (I use smugmug) and then just use the image link in forums.
CP
Hi Don and welcome. smileywaving.gif

With all the different forums and formats out there it can get confusing. Swizz and Crusty suggesting a central location makes perfect sense. You'll still need to figure out the format to upload somewhere though, then you can use "link to image" options around the net rather than posting pics at each place.

Our pic uploading format here is called the attatchment editor found just below the text box while in "add reply" mode to post. Once you've finished your post text scroll down a tad to see the attatchment editor options.
To find the pic file on your computer you'll need to click on "browse" which opens the small box to choose your picture file. Once you've selected the pic file you wish to upload click "open" on that box, the small box will close, you've now got the file selected to upload. Now you will need to click on the green "UPLOAD" button. Once that task bar completes you've now uploaded the pic and it will automatically attatch to the end of your post or you can manually place the pic into the post text somewhere.

As website owners, Denise and myself would rather see you all uploading your pics straight into the forums but that isn't required as you can see. Once you've got a place to upload figured out, you can use it as a central pic location and link to your images from that spot.
We do offer an unlimited amount of pic space here though so have fun and give it a shot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.