Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mining vacation
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
scarylarry
Hi folks, i'm Larry Coleman and i'm from northern Mich.and i'm a rock hound. I have mined for sapphire,rose quartz,black tourmaline,geodes and have a little lapidary shop with a 24" slab saw as well as a geine cabbing unit,and a few other smaller saws.I make everything from lamps,erns,lighthouses and just about anything.I got bit by the mining bug when i found a 73.10ct. sapphire at the Masons ruby and sapphire mine and i haven'n stopped since.I'd love to come to Colorado and work an existing mine with a local.I'm a retired truck driver,A former Marine,a Harley owner forever and am in pretty good shape.I've been an outdoorsman all my life and have only been to Colorado when i was trucking and would really enjoy the chance to mine with someone for a couple weeks.I have a little motorhome and an ATV that i could bring or just ride my bike and tote my gear.I sure would like to come and learn all about the wonderfull minerals and gems and try to give someone a helping hand.And really get to see a part of Colorado that i'v only dreamed about. I'v got kin in Denver so i could kill two birds with one stone. Thank You all and have a great mining season. Larry Coleman 989.595.3281
CP
Hi Larry,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your service! emoticon-object-018.gif The UP eh? Sweet, there are quite a few forum members from around those parts! Lived in Newberry when I met Mrs.CP!
Great to hear you're into lapidary as well, we'd all like to see some of your work sometime, post up some pics when you get a chance. I'm sure you'll find some threads around the forum that interest you, make yourself right at home browsing the entire website.

Good luck on finding a claim owner/mine to work with too, hopefully you get together with someone and can work something out for a short term lease or dig. Colorado's geology has alot to find and you'll have a great time no matter what part of the state you end up in to prospect with your interests.
We don't have any of those cool copper laced geodes like the UP does though darn it! kick_can.gif
swizz
Hi Larry,
Welcome to CP smileywaving.gif I'm also a Yooper... grew up in Ironwood.
Thank you for your service! emoticon-object-018.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.