Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hello all
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting and Rockhounding Gatherings or Events > Prospector's Outings and Adventures
newbietorockhounding
found this place while i was looking up information and thought i could get some real answers and explanations i live in michigan but am moving to colorado in 5 days and have always been interested in finding gems of any kind

so was just wondering where a good public place is to dig i will be going into denver then going from there on a mountain bike cruising around the mountains in the state

any help from a newbie thats not from the area would be great
swizz
Welcome! sign0016.gif
I'm not sure that anyone's gonna give up their sweet honey-holes but it's not too hard to do a little research to find locations that produce good stuff. The big thing is determining specifically where you want to go first and then researching the land status to see if you can legally collect there. The CP club (us) offers pre-researched areas throughout the state that are very good.... all you have to do is verify the land status and get busy. We teach land status research here, very important to know and we can help you with that. Verifying club areas is about the best hands-on training for a beginner that I can think of... it really helped me a lot in the beginning. We'll help you whether you join or not but the club areas, monthly online meetings, and additional information shared in the member's protected forum really helps to streamline the process and learning curve.
Glad to have another Mighigander on board too! I'm a Yooper but have been in Colorado since the 80's... family is still up north. The owners of this site also have strong Michigan ties so you are in good company. Make yourself at home and ask plenty of questions, we're here to help you get going on the right foot.
cheers.gif
newbietorockhounding
thanks yeah i figured peeps wouldn't tell me where to go but how about going about it your post helped a lot gonna read for the next few days around here for any other info

yeah i have passed through colorado a few times and stopped a few places fell in love with it always wanted to get back there and now is that time great to hear there are some michiganders around it sucks cause i won't have internet once i leave for CO.

but wrote down some places that can help also after i get there

thanks for some newbie pointers
russau
great stress releiver for sure!
Robert Beck

I'm a new member in this club as well and I would like to know where some of the area's are at that club members can go to prospect at? If you have that information that would be good to know. I do a lot of prospecting in Colorado and know most of the area's that are well known to have gold there. Thank you for your cooperation on this matter. My name is Robert Beck and I live in Kansas now. I use to live in Longmont, Colorado about 37yrs ago.
swizz
Hi Robert. sign0016.gif
If you are an annual or lifetime member here you can click on the banner at the top-left of this screen. From there... click on "Log In" and use your special password to access descriptions and mapping for your club areas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.