Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My first dredge
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
hotrod
Click to view attachmentMy first dredge just arrived the new Keene 2.5 4HP ooooooo yea time to get some. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Just have to find a place now that the ark is closed.
Caveman
Nice set-up! signs021.gif I recieved my first last year - Keene 2.5hp 2" set up, but with out the floats as I'm working more in very shallow water - hence no air set-up either. I like your rig, though, very cool! I bet you're itching to use it every sunny day. Enjoy! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Caveman
Anyone else want to post what their first set-up was? anyone.gif
leonard
QUOTE (Caveman @ Feb 25 2013, 08:13 PM) *
Anyone else want to post what their first set-up was? anyone.gif

Here's my first dredge. http://golddredgervideo.com/prospecting/winterdredging.wmv It's a Keene 2 1/2". I paid $400. for it and used it for several years and sold it for $400. I wish I had kept it but I didn't. It's just the right size for me now.

Leonard
Woody
Nice rig you had there leonard,

But what was you using the Milk Crate for?
leonard
QUOTE (Woody @ Feb 26 2013, 11:40 AM) *
Nice rig you had there leonard,

But what was you using the Milk Crate for?

Loading rocks into it so you don't have to pitch them all. It really works good when you have a deeper hole where it's hard to get them above water. After the hole is established, you just throw them behind you. What works better is a metal milk basket as they don't float like the plastic. Metal ones are hard to find though.
Leonard
Caveman
I have one in tha garage... if it can be found, that is.... Thanks for the tip, I'll use it.
russau
i was thinking you were useing the box for a veiw box with clear plastic in it to see in the shallow water.that "cool" water would make my back and shoulder feel good right now!
Caveman
Another great idea! I have a few plastic crates too. I can make a view box on the cheap. Thanks Russ!
russau
i made one out of a peice of 4 inch PVC pipe and i just happened to have a peice of temperd double thick glass,so i made one years back just to make it but i dont think ive ever used it since i have air on my dredge. laying down in the water is WAYYYYYYYYYYY EZer on my ole back~ the "cool" water helps me old bones!
Caveman
QUOTE (russau @ Feb 27 2013, 03:12 AM) *
i made one out of a peice of 4 inch PVC pipe and i just happened to have a peice of temperd double thick glass,so i made one years back just to make it but i dont think ive ever used it since i have air on my dredge. laying down in the water is WAYYYYYYYYYYY EZer on my ole back~ the "cool" water helps me old bones!

Water EXTRA cool right now..... make Caveman bones hurt! caveman.gif
Denise
The first dredge we had was a 3 in. Keene combo unit. I personally prefer to highbank the high benches but a dredge is sometimes in order.

Here are pics of me using it both ways.......

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.