Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: California bucket sluice
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Equipment - Prospecting and Lapidary
Goodwood2223
Hi y'all I recently received a California bucket sluice I ordered online and thought I would share my experience. Firstly cost,at $29.95 it's dirt cheap.the sluice itself is light weight and well made,the service from dale at casluicebox.com was excellent ,answering all queries,he even included a free snuffer bottle! And finally the real important bit... It works,I tested it out in my back yard with some cons from a while back and when I panned out the tailings there was nothing in the pan that was visible to the naked eye! So in my honest opinion it's a bargain and any serious prospectors must have!
Caveman
That sluice is a neat piece of equipment, and the price is great! I also just watched a vid where the guy tied a back massager to the front bottom of the unit so that it added a shaker action to it too. Looks like it works very well. Here's the link. The video is a little over 7 minutes long, and he turns on the massager about 5 minutes in. Thought this was a neat trick, might try it someday..... Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1SKjI4uWOI

Caveman
Au-in-the-Pan
QUOTE (Goodwood2223 @ Feb 2 2013, 11:51 AM) *
Hi y'all I recently received a California bucket sluice I ordered online and thought I would share my experience. Firstly cost,at $29.95 it's dirt cheap.the sluice itself is light weight and well made,the service from dale at casluicebox.com was excellent ,answering all queries,he even included a free snuffer bottle! And finally the real important bit... It works,I tested it out in my back yard with some cons from a while back and when I panned out the tailings there was nothing in the pan that was visible to the naked eye! So in my honest opinion it's a bargain and any serious prospectors must have!

Goodwood2223
Considering the purchase price and your up-scale assessment of the sluice, do you think posting a picture and your endorsement would be helpful in the topic “First Time Panning” in this forum?
Goodwood2223
I'm not sure if that would be appropriate as its used as a cleanup sluice (unless you screen everything down to 1/8") and a first time panner wouldn't have the sheer amount of cons that would make this worthwhile,I think it's of more use to someone either with a high banker/power sluice or someone who processes a lot of dirt (which experience allows you to do)that said it may work well as a testing sluice if you use a small 12v battery and bilge pump for a recirc system.that said I shall take some pics of it when I next get some dirt.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.