Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ownership & Rights-Property, Minerals, Prospecting & Access
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > ColoradoProspector.com
CP
Hello everyone,

We are holding a winter seminar (in person attendance required) in Colorado Springs Colorado during the weekend of Jan 19-20.
Main topic to be discussed is "ownership" and the many facets of ownership that affect our field work as prosepctors/miners.
Whether you are a land owner or mining claim owner or not you will want to attend this seminar. Many facets of ownership apply to you even if you do not think you "own" any land right now!
Post up here if you are interested in attending this seminar, it will be a great weekend of disscussions!

Let's hear it, who's interested?
Wolfgang Stiller
I am interested but have some limitations (work...) on the hours I can attend. Are we thinking of multiple meetings on both days?
russau
if i wasnt so darn far away id go!
amorton
Don't know what my schedule will be, but I will try my best to make it.
Woody
I'll be there.

If I can be of any asistance in helping with this operation please let me know. Woody.
CP
Yes Wolfgang we'll be holding meeting/discussions through out both days with meal breaks etc so I think we can give you a quick re-cap if needed when you get there after work? If that works out for your schedule.

Russ gosh dang it! Just drive on out then for the weekend. The other option maybe if we get this recorded on video for later dvd's, then we can offer those up for anyone who couldn't actually attend.

Sure hope you can work it in Amorton, we'll be having some great discussions for sure and we would all like to see you there too.

Thanks Woody, most definately I'm sure I'll need a hand over that weekend for something.....pm coming at ya'

Who else is in?
Caveman
I will try to make it if the work schedule allows.

Caveman
CP
Ok everyone,
The hotel we'll be using for the conference is the Marriot courtyard Colorado Springs south tennatively. We'll not be able to finalize that until we have enough reservations here for the seminar. That means we'll take reservations through December for the seminar itself and finalize with the Marriot towards the end of Dec for the conference room use.
If you would like to stay at the same hotel then I would recommend you make those reservations during the last week of December directly with the hotel. *Lodging is not included in the seminar price

Seminar prices are per head for the entire weekends discussions/conference, we will have coffee and doughnuts etc in the mornings.

Price for Colorado Prospector club members - $100.00 - 50% discount

Price for non Colorado Prospector club members - $200.00

If you would like to attend the winter seminar please use the paypal link below to make your reservations. Enter the appropriate amount indicated above (member or non member). Once we receive your reservation notice we'll then send out a confirmation email to you as well.
Non club members can actually save $31.00 by joining the club prior to attending the seminar and still have the yearly club membership to enjoy afterwards, along with the information learned from the seminar!

Reservations with paypal payment

The Marriot's phone number to make your personal room reservations in a few weeks is.......
719-226-5006

Make sure to tell the hotel when making your room reservations that you will be there to attend the Colorado Prospector conference.

Want to save that extra $31.00 bucks and join the club too? You can easily sign up for the club first right from the Colorado Prospector club membership page
Feel free to contact us with questions.

CP
Caveman
Darn it, I have to work. Drat.
Coalbunny
I'd make it but the distance is a bit much- 460 miles. About 7-1/2 hours one way, if I don't stop. Since I normally stop for 15 minutes every 100-150 miles, you can see the road time increase quite a bit.
Wolfgang Stiller
Rats! Work is preventing me from taking advantage of this. I can't squeeze in enough time to make this worth it.
CP
Dates choosen seem to be questionable for scheduling to many of those interested.

Let's have some more input for a date after Jan. 20th that may work out better.........
ASTROBLEME
Weekends work best for me and I like the location. Hope it can be rescheduled.
sunspirit
I am very interested in this conference, but I will have to wait until after the holidays to confirm. (and pay :-) ) Right now I don't even have time to answer my emails. Or catch up on whats happening with the group. gotta run, Mark
CP
Looks like we should try for a date in Febuary or March then?
Weekends seem to work out best for all.....suggestions anyone for new dates?
ASTROBLEME
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Dec 13 2012, 05:21 AM) *
Looks like we should try for a date in Febuary or March then?
Weekends seem to work out best for all.....suggestions anyone for new dates?

Let's look at Feb 9-10. Don't want to go too far into March as some good ground should be open if the drought persists.
CP
QUOTE (ASTROBLEME @ Dec 13 2012, 05:46 PM) *
Let's look at Feb 9-10. Don't want to go too far into March as some good ground should be open if the drought persists.

True, March could be into the early field season if the weather cooperates.
How's Feb 9-10 work out for the rest of the interested parties schedules?
Caveman
Looks like it works for me - I will check the work schedule tomorrow... I'm in if it's my free weekend.

Caveman
CP
Who else likes the Feb 9-10 dates?

We'll also be discussing this seminar in the club members monthly meeting next sunday (1/6/13) in chat. The meeting will also be open to the general public (no password required) for this months meeting because the ownership seminar is also open to the general public for attendance.

Capacity is limited, first come first serve. See everyone there sunday night 6pm.
Scratch60
February 9-10 sounds good. I've got two high-definition video cams and some editing gear. Maybe we can publish a video. Dan, if you're interested, email me.
Caveman
High def? My god, don't video me - the lenses will melt.

Caveman
CP
Awesome Scratch and thanks for the offer. I'll shoot ya' a pm today.

That is what I was thinkin' too Caveman. This ol' prospector's mug might melt the lense and the whole camera! smiley-laughing021.gif

We had a great meeting discussion in chat about the seminar. After we discussed ownership at it's basic level, and how this can apply to anyone, those attending the meeting in chat all thought the owndership seminar will be extremely educational to anyone attending. happy088.gif

If you would like to learn about ownership, (yours and others) then you'll definately want to attend this seminar! Anyone with questions can post them here and or contact me through pm's here in the forum.

As with the previous dates chosen..... we need to have our group minimum confirmed/reserved for the seminar attendence (10) before we finalize reservations for the conference room. If we can't gather the minimum number at this time we'll have to push it back for another date or?
sunspirit
Feb. 9-10 Is workable for me. If you let me know where to send the money and how much, I will. Or will you be collecting at the door? Also, I suppose I should know if you have settled on a location yet. I would prefer the Denver area, but Colo. Spgs. is do-able. Let me know the details...
CP
Hi Sunspirit,

Here is the info about location, price/reservations from page 1. You can make the reservations through the paypal link below.

For all attending.........
Reservations will be refundable up to the point the conference room is reserved (announcement will be made here when finalized), and after that point reservations will not be refundable.

This date is still tenative depending on attendee numbers as stated above. Otherwise the dates will still be pushed back if not enough attendees can make this date.

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Dec 1 2012, 06:12 PM) *
Ok everyone,
The hotel we'll be using for the conference is the Marriot courtyard Colorado Springs south tennatively. We'll not be able to finalize that until we have enough reservations here for the seminar. That means we'll take reservations through mid January for the seminar itself and finalize with the Marriot towards the end of Jan for the conference room use.
If you would like to stay at the same hotel then I would recommend you make those reservations during the last week of January directly with the hotel. *Lodging is not included in the seminar price

Seminar prices are per head for the entire weekends discussions/conference, we will have coffee and doughnuts etc in the mornings.

Price for Colorado Prospector club members - $100.00 - 50% discount

Price for non Colorado Prospector club members - $200.00

If you would like to attend the winter seminar please use the paypal link below to make your reservations. Enter the appropriate amount indicated above (member or non member). Once we receive your reservation notice we'll then send out a confirmation email to you as well.
Non club members can actually save $31.00 by joining the club prior to attending the seminar and still have the yearly club membership to enjoy afterwards, along with the information learned from the seminar!

Reservations with paypal payment

The Marriot's phone number to make your personal room reservations in a few weeks is.......
719-226-5006

Make sure to tell the hotel when making your room reservations that you will be there to attend the Colorado Prospector conference.

Want to save that extra $31.00 bucks and join the club too? You can easily sign up for the club first right from the Colorado Prospector club membership page
Feel free to contact us with questions.

CP
CP
Update.......
We will have to move it back at least one more week to the dates of Feb 16th-17th.
Called the Marriot today and the conference room has been booked for the 9th by someone else leaving only the 10th open for that weekend.
So, we've tenatvely got it reserved for the dates of the next weekend over the 16th and 17th. Hopefully that will still work out for those interested.

Post up questions here and or contact me directly via pm if needed.
sunspirit
Do you know when activities are scheduled to start? Those of us who are driving miles need to know when to hit the road. Thanks
CP
I had an 8-9 am start time in mind with a loose time frame for breaks, lunch and ending time in the afternoons....maybe 4pm or so depending on how late folks wished to stay for continued discussions.

Since this is a new seminar set up it will evolve it's own pattern as the group discussions progress for the first time it's held, and future repeat seminars or discussions.

We are still way short on the minimum number of reservations as of today, so we are not finalized yet for the seminar to happen on 2/16-17. As I've stated earlier though, anyone who has a paid reservation will promptly get their refunds if we do not finalize this seminar.
My appologies to those who can't make it on these changes of dates, the planning has been rather loose......this is a new concept/angle we'll be teaching in the future (whether the seminar goes this time or not), both in group seminar type discussions as well as more detailed forum discussions with the club members.
Face to face group discussions will be the most beneficial way to participate I think since more questions can be addressed by the group in a shorter time frame. This gives everyone attending a much better understanding or perception of the discussion topics. But we'll also be teaching/discussing this topic of ownership via the club members protected forum for those club members who can not make any of the seminars held in the future.

For future seminar planning, maybe we should discuss why it would be beneficial for readers to attend this type of an ownership seminar?
Any thoughts as to why you the readers do want to attend? What catches your interest to learn about this topic?
CP
Seminar is post poned at this time, we'll continue with this event at a later date...........

QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Jan 30 2013, 12:12 PM) *
For future seminar planning, maybe we should discuss why it would be beneficial for readers to attend this type of an ownership seminar?
Any thoughts as to why you the readers do want to attend? What catches your interest to learn about this topic?

CP
No one has any thoughts?! ........ confused0082[1].gif
Let's try a slightly different approach then........
Who reading this thread currently own land?
anyone.gif
sunspirit
Hi all!
Frankly, I am surprised that no one has responded to this. I am not a mountain land owner but sometime in the future I would like to aquire a claim that I can (at least) break even on. What I was hoping to find at the seminar was info on how to search county land records. Do you just walk in and ask to see a map of all current claims in the county? Can I ask to see all the maps of a particular drainage? Say, Cottonwood Creek, for example, from the Arkansas river up to the top of Cottonwood Pass. Or Fish Creek from the North Fork of the Poudre to the WY state line.
I understand that claims need to be in terms of "township and range" but I don't understand how to find that info. Or even exactly how that system works. This stuff can be found on the LR2000 system, (I have heard) but that whole thing seems to be cumbersome and hard to figure out.
Larimer County has a map system that can tell who pays the tax on any piece of land in the county. Do other counties have the same kind of system? if so, where can I find them?
These are a few of the things that I would find helpful, and maybe this will stimulate some posts. If all this is covered in the archives please point me in the right direction as I haven't had time to go through them all. I guess that it all boils down to: when I go into the courthouse I want to ask for exactly what I need (and not look like a bumbling fool), spending as little time in the records as possible and as much in the field as possible. can anyone help a bumbling fool? Thanks in advance!
Caveman
I also have many of the same questions that Sunspiret has, and need help in figuring out how to go about it correctly. Karen and I als have 35 acres in Westcliffe where we have built a cabin. We have the mineral rights to it also. I was hoping to be able to attend the seminar to learn more about exactly what this entails.
ASTROBLEME
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Feb 14 2013, 07:15 AM) *
No one has any thoughts?! ........ confused0082[1].gif
Let's try a slightly different approach then........
anyone.gif

CP,

I own land and water...
swizz
QUOTE (ColoradoProspector @ Feb 14 2013, 07:15 AM) *
anyone.gif

Technically... 'everyone' reading this (who is a U.S. citizen) owns land if I'm not mistaken. emoticon-object-018.gif
swizz
QUOTE (sunspirit @ Feb 14 2013, 12:40 PM) *
Hi all!
Frankly, I am surprised that no one has responded to this. I am not a mountain land owner but sometime in the future I would like to aquire a claim that I can (at least) break even on. What I was hoping to find at the seminar was info on how to search county land records. Do you just walk in and ask to see a map of all current claims in the county? Can I ask to see all the maps of a particular drainage? Say, Cottonwood Creek, for example, from the Arkansas river up to the top of Cottonwood Pass. Or Fish Creek from the North Fork of the Poudre to the WY state line.
I understand that claims need to be in terms of "township and range" but I don't understand how to find that info. Or even exactly how that system works. This stuff can be found on the LR2000 system, (I have heard) but that whole thing seems to be cumbersome and hard to figure out.
Larimer County has a map system that can tell who pays the tax on any piece of land in the county. Do other counties have the same kind of system? if so, where can I find them?
These are a few of the things that I would find helpful, and maybe this will stimulate some posts. If all this is covered in the archives please point me in the right direction as I haven't had time to go through them all. I guess that it all boils down to: when I go into the courthouse I want to ask for exactly what I need (and not look like a bumbling fool), spending as little time in the records as possible and as much in the field as possible. can anyone help a bumbling fool? Thanks in advance!

whew.gif Whew... that's a lot of questions. All good to ask and very worthy of discussion. happy088.gif
It would be difficult to address all of them in this thread as it would stray in many different directions. The info is definitely in various threads throughout the archives of this site but specifics regarding any of your questions are always Topic worthy on their own. Start a topic on one or more of those questions and I'll jump right in!

BUT... this is a great reason to have the seminar. It would be really nice to cover ALL the bases and and ask questions first-hand. An LR2000 tutorial, etc.... all that fun stuff! The key is a 'whole' understanding and I think that a seminar like Dan has offered would be a great venue if there's enough interest and the location is fairly central.
Knowing your ownership and mining rights as a U.S. Citizen is beneficial, empowering, and even...... profitable? research.gif info_grin.gif emoticon-misc-004.gif signs026.gif
swizz
QUOTE (Caveman @ Feb 14 2013, 12:57 PM) *
Karen and I als have 35 acres in Westcliffe where we have built a cabin. We have the mineral rights to it also.

I am jealous of you Cave people, that sounds nice!
..... and your new avatar smiley-laughing021.gif laught16.gif
(regarding signature... put the word 'Caveman' between the ] [ font brackets and it will work!)
Caveman
Thanks, I'll give that a try. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Caveman
Caveman
Thanks for the help Chris! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
CP
Awesome answers and questions folks, now we're cookin' with fire!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Johnny, Caveman and Swizz are all on the right track for the question I posed. Who else reading owns...? Minerals, land, water, timber .... ? chin.gif

QUOTE (swizz @ Feb 14 2013, 06:28 PM) *
Technically... 'everyone' reading this (who is a U.S. citizen) owns land if I'm not mistaken. emoticon-object-018.gif

Bingo and no you are not mistaken! signs021.gif emoticon-object-018.gif

Very nice to have mineral rights included with your mountain property too Caveman. happy088.gif

We will have many more discussions in the future that cover all these topics and in person is always where I see more ground/material covered for the group. Swizz can give his input on this as he's personally attended one of my field tutorials for the LR2000 system a few years back. LR system wasn't easy to discuss in the field but we made it work.

We can also start some new threads in the club members protected forum section to discuss in detail for all club members benefit in the future. Also, we have the monthly club members meeting in chat where I and others will be happy to discuss these topics and or another time we all schedule together in chat.

Start up some new threads in the club members section folks, we are always happy to help you club members anytime with questions like this. smiley-cool14.gif
CP
I've posted up some threads as well as brought back some older ones to answer/discuss some of these questions in the club members protected section. Check it out! info_grin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.