Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strange looking cabachon
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Prospecting, Mineral Collecting and Treasure Hunting Forums > Gem and Mineral Specimen Finds or Processes
Denise
Here is a cool Arizona moss agate cabachon I made. Almost looks like a worried Alien trapped in the stone. groucho.gif

Click to view attachment

Denise
This is a stone that I received from Anita at the 04' rally. She had a bow full of small cabachons, tumbled stones and little crystals for the kids at her booth. She said it was just stuff she had for giving out and she didn't make them. I was looking through them and found this really cool one. It is one stone but the center is loose and spins. I received this before I was making cabachons but now I am thinking I can make one similiar but out of local material. chin.gif Very cool how the center doesn't fal out but can move freely. I have my ideas on how they did this, but I would love to hear how you all think they made this?
swizz
Very interesting.... is the frame 2 pieces epoxied back together?
That would make it a lot less difficult, still not easy.
The ball is the same material, I can even see the green hairline.
Hard to believe if she carved it in place... that would be a pretty good trick.
puzzled confused0082[1].gif
Denise
It looks like one of those mass produced items, but is one stone with no glue. Very interesting in hand to see!
Voltaire
Not very familiar with agates, but are you sure that's a moss agate? Doesn't look like any I ever saw.
russau
lots of talent here!
Denise
Good eye Voltaire, my mistake! slaphead.gif The red mossy area throws me off with this piece. It is actually a cool piece of crazy lace.
Denise
Crazy lace is really strange stuff to work. Even when it's mostly white, it will drip red like it is bleeding when it is being worked. blink.gif
Here is one that I think will work for making one of those loose center cabachons.

Denise
Here is a cool cabachon Dogfly gave me several years back. Can you see the little girl looking to the right? She has short red hairand is wearing a short yellow dress and is holding out a large apple. After he showed it to me, I said "gads, it also looks like she is about to be gobbled up by a Graboid under her!" smiley-shocked003.gif giggle.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.