Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DFS anyone?
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Miners Crafts, Goods & Classified ads > Wanted > SOLD or Found!
Phil(NM)
Hi All,
Just curious to find out what's happening on the DFS front. Any new reports? Anyone manufacturing it or another slick plate unit?
Thanks,
Phil
leonard
Phil:
Good to see you are still up and around. Haven't seen anything from you for a while.
Leonard
russau
Allan and the DFS have been real quite lately! good to see you up-n-posting!
Phil(NM)
Sooooo. Thinking about making a few updated DFS's. IF I can find a shop that doesn't charge too much to bend the aluminum and cut the expanded for me. Think there's any interest out there? Enough to make it worth re-opening (by myself this time....).

Anyone have any experience using maquiladora's?

Thanks!
Phil
russau
Phil im glad to see you posting and bringing out the new version of the DFS sluice! go to Maquiladora???NOPE, i have no reason to go south of the boarder
Phil(NM)
QUOTE (russau @ Dec 29 2013, 03:22 PM) *
Phil im glad to see you posting and bringing out the new version of the DFS sluice! go to Maquiladora???NOPE, i have no reason to go south of the boarder

I don't either. I was just thinking it might be cheaper to have the metal bent and cut in Mexico. Not sure I'll do it, just wondering if it'd be worth it.
russau
theres only 1 way to find out!
Coalbunny
I'm with Russ. Phil, either ya do it and find out or ya don't and always wonder IF you could have made it.
Incoming PM.
Denise
QUOTE (Phil(NM) @ Dec 29 2013, 05:09 PM) *
I don't either. I was just thinking it might be cheaper to have the metal bent and cut in Mexico. Not sure I'll do it, just wondering if it'd be worth it.

Not when most prefer buying American made products emoticon-object-018.gif ......Just my 2c.gif
Phil(NM)
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Feb 15 2014, 06:37 AM) *
Not when most prefer buying American made products emoticon-object-018.gif ......Just my 2c.gif

Thanks everyone, the hard part is finding the shops to bend up the metal and weld the rifles and frames. So far, everyone wants too much $$, and the final sale price would be unacceptable to me.... I may just decide to sell the design, I'm getting too old and disinterested in it all. Rocks are more fun, easier to find, and sell for as much money!

Some one asked for a pic? Here's a pic of the original.

Thanks!
Coalbunny
Quit sharing info until you are in a position to patent it, and then patent the living hell out of it Phil. I'd done told you that.
I'll personally vouch for Phil's gadgetry.

Though that Batea I bought from ya, I never could get the trick down. The gravels and clays kept sliding around, preventing it from stratifying.
russau
Patent it or not, as soon as a picture of it comes out,someone will copy it! then theyll change something and sell it on the net as their design! in the same breath, if the potential customers dont see it they wont buy it! its kind of a trade off. Charactor or what you do when nobodys looking!
Phil(NM)
QUOTE (russau @ Feb 16 2014, 04:08 AM) *
Patent it or not, as soon as a picture of it comes out,someone will copy it! then theyll change something and sell it on the net as their design! in the same breath, if the potential customers dont see it they wont buy it! its kind of a trade off. Charactor or what you do when nobodys looking!

That's the old unit.... not the good one. No way to delete it anyway....
Phil(NM)
QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Feb 16 2014, 12:44 AM) *
Quit sharing info until you are in a position to patent it, and then patent the living hell out of it Phil. I'd done told you that.
I'll personally vouch for Phil's gadgetry.

Though that Batea I bought from ya, I never could get the trick down. The gravels and clays kept sliding around, preventing it from stratifying.

Yeah, Batea's are mantle pieces....
Phil(NM)
QUOTE (Phil(NM) @ Feb 16 2014, 12:04 PM) *
Yeah, Batea's are mantle pieces....

Decided against bringing the DFS back into production. Did a bunch of checking, etc and there are wayyyyyyy too many copy cats out there, none near as good, and all of them are suffering in sales. That, plus the hobby is slowly being regulated out of existence.... I'll just keep playing dry-land pirate in the background.

I can make more $$$ from pretty rocks, but even that is being regulated out of existence...
russau
Phil im seeing the samething. plus money is tight all over. it looks like our gubermint isnt doing what our Country and people need! im expecting to see it get worse sooner rather than later!
fenixsmom
It isn't JUST the government, tge people have failed to stand up to their end if the deal as well. We have the right to fight, but instead we just sit at home and whine and pass blame on. Just my opinion.
russau
So true!! thats why ive been saying, get involved or shut up and get out of the way, all along! ive been envolved with every land rights group there is or was! there isnt any more vocal person in the state of Missouri than I! I just recently gave up the State Director for the PLP. Im trying to get more people involved in fighting for our rights and keeping a eye out on what these socalled "representatives" of ours are REALLY doing TO us instead of FOR us!!! untill these freeloaders get together and start helping our Nation, we will continue our downslide as a Nation!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.