Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CP Club Monthly Mtg Tonight
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > Chat, Cam Events and Introductions
Pages: 1, 2
swizz
Enter Chat Room tonight @ 6:00 or later to join in! Always fun. happy088.gif Talk mining, prospecting, or whatever....
Click on "Chat Rooms" and enter your CP monthly password to access the Chat Mtg. If you're a paying club member you received the password via email today.
Hope to yuk it up with some of you tonight! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
CP
Thanks for posting the reminder to everyone Swizz! I'm planning on being there this evening as well to discuss the new club member benefit announced today in the newsletter and the winter seminar plans.
Look forward to seeing everyone there tonight.
swizz
It was a great meeting tonight friends. greensmilies-012.gif
Sorry my connection was so funky.
Wolfgang Stiller
QUOTE (swizz @ Oct 1 2012, 09:06 PM) *
It was a great meeting tonight friends. greensmilies-012.gif
Sorry my connection was so funky.

Any chance there is a transcript saved of this? It would be great to benefit from this member benefit.
swizz
Hi Wolf,
No transcripts available that I'm aware of... we just chat live and it's really informal. Whatever topics come up we toss around, anything's game.
Try to make the next one. They're always the first Monday of every month @ 6pm til....? You can be late, it's all good.
Hope to chat at ya there. sign0016.gif
Denise
smileywaving.gif Hi Wolfgang, sorry but no we no longer have chat transcripts for send out. Hopefully you will be able to make the next meeting. The chat room is open at anytime for club members, some even cordinate times to meet up in there during the off meeting times when they can.

We have a great group of members so feel free to join in at anytime. smile.gif
burrell
I'm way late but just don't see how to get into the chat room. I may be looking straight at it and just don't know what i'm looking at. We're a couple of hours ahead of ya'll also but really not a problem. Still in shorts and t shirts here. Humidity at 50-55 which is findly a huge blessing. I'll talk with ya'll later. Burrell
Denise
Hi Burrell. smileywaving.gif Ooops, we forgot to put a link in this thread for chat. slaphead.gif Here is a direct link to the chatroom.
CP chat room

You can also find the link on the left side of the website's homepage in the green shaded area.

Hope to see you in chat soon.

Denise
Denise
Club members meeting tonight at 6 pm MST. We hope to see you there!
happy088.gif
herchenx
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Nov 5 2012, 06:57 AM) *
Club members meeting tonight at 6 pm MST. We hope to see you there!
happy088.gif

How well attended are these?
Denise
smileywaving.gif Hi herchenx and welcome to the CP forums! Some times it's very well attended and some weeks a bit slower. We have a great group of people here who are very friendly and helpful, so make yourself at home around the site. We have lots of great threads about prospecting and stone working. Feel free to ask any questions or just jump right in. We would love to hear about your prospecting adventures.
herchenx
QUOTE (Mrs.CP @ Nov 6 2012, 07:17 AM) *
smileywaving.gif Hi herchenx and welcome to the CP forums! Some times it's very well attended and some weeks a bit slower. We have a great group of people here who are very friendly and helpful, so make yourself at home around the site. We have lots of great threads about prospecting and stone working. Feel free to ask any questions or just jump right in. We would love to hear about your prospecting adventures.

Thanks Mrs. CP

I've never prospected (which in my limited understanding means "looking for gold or gems with some hope of finding something valuable") - but I do rockhound with my kids, and I tumble, cut, shape and polish stones, and make jewelry etc.

I'll look around and see if there is a "getting to know you" section.

Thanks for the welcome!

John
Denise
I would love to see some of your work. We have no special section just for introductions so just post where you like.

CP
QUOTE (herchenx @ Nov 6 2012, 09:32 AM) *
Thanks Mrs. CP

I've never prospected (which in my limited understanding means "looking for gold or gems with some hope of finding something valuable") - but I do rockhound with my kids, and I tumble, cut, shape and polish stones, and make jewelry etc.

I'll look around and see if there is a "getting to know you" section.

Thanks for the welcome!

John

We'd all enjoy seeing some of your work John like Mrs. CP said.
I would like to offer some better definition to the term "prospecting" for your and others reading future references too. It's very important in the field to understand this, even what many like to refer to as "rockhounding" does in fact mean the very same thing as "prospecting". Rockhonding and or prospecting involves taking "mineral samples" in a specific area of interest for a "valuable" mineral deposit. There are many "loacatable" minerals that can be claimed and in which cases then the taking (prospecting or rockhounding or sampling of any kind) within the boundries of any location claim would be illegal. Just as it would be if you stop on private land such as road cuts/easements or someone's farm land and started taking their rocks.....you've got to know where you are to know the samples you are collecting are in fact open to collecting and not someone else's property.
Utilizing our rights to access our lands (BLM/FS) is something we are very passionate about around here as you'll see browsing around in the future.

We have a couple great threads with info on the prospecting/rockhounding topic which will help explain the definitions to reference/use while out in the woods.

Small scale mining, truth vs myth

Prospecting definitions

With the proper information at hand, then one can make their own successful decisions in their field work. No one want's to end up in a confrontation just trying to take the family out for the day's adventure.
Good luck out there on your adventures and stay safe.
Denise
Club members meeting tonight at 6 pm MST. Dan will be talking about the upcoming seminar. Bring your thoughts and comments and I will bring the popcorn. eating-popcorn-03.gif

See you all there tonight.
smileywaving.gif
swizz
"This months club members chat room meeting is on Sunday the 6th at 6 pm MST.
*Special for this month, the club members meeting will be open to the general public and topic discussion will be the winter ownership seminar."

Stop by the chat room tonight at 6 for the meeting! You can be late, it doesn't matter... join us.
Here's a link to the Chat Room:Chat
Denise
Was a good meeting I thought. I really enjoy listening to Dan, he can be so possitive and informative.
Chris and Woody do awesome as well! happy088.gif Thanks guys!! happy.gif
swizz
Reminder:
Monthly meeting tonight @ 6pm
Link: Meeting/Chat (use your CP Monthly password to access)
swizz
Fun meeting last night gang! cheers.gif
Dypheron
QUOTE (swizz @ Mar 4 2013, 07:43 AM) *
Fun meeting last night gang! cheers.gif

Indeed. Had so much fun I had to update my signature!
swizz
Fancy lad! smiley-laughing021.gif
CP
Hey lads! Club members meeting tonight in an hour.......see ya'll there! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
swizz
dang it.... missed this one bash.gif
Woody
Oops, me to.

Got busy cleaning up from the weekend outing and forgot all about it.
Dypheron
That's what Dan said last night, everyone was outside enjoying the nice weather. OklaPony stopped in for a bit, and I left around 7 or so.

Denise
Club members meeting tonight at 6pm MST in the chat room.
We hope to see you all there.
smile.gif
swizz
Mtg is on now.... join in!
swizz
Hmmm... Chat room is giving me "error" tonight. pcwhack.gif
CP
Rats Swizz, don't know what's up with that. There's a couple of us in there already, maybe try to close and reopen the browser?
Hope you get it to work. Who else is showing up this evening?
Woody
Sorry I missed it guys,

I was out having an awesome day at the lake.It's hard to leave when those Walleye start biting. Likely as not I will not be able to make the next months meeting as well. I have to travel out of state for a while and will not be back in time. After I get back I hope we can get a lifetime outing planed up at the claims. Perhaps that was one of the things you guys talked about???? Have a good one, Wody.
Crusty
QUOTE (Woody @ Jun 3 2013, 10:01 AM) *
Sorry I missed it guys,

I was out having an awesome day at the lake.It's hard to leave when those Walleye start biting. Likely as not I will not be able to make the next months meeting as well. I have to travel out of state for a while and will not be back in time. After I get back I hope we can get a lifetime outing planed up at the claims. Perhaps that was one of the things you guys talked about???? Have a good one, Wody.

Howdy! Stumbled on this forum kiling time searching the internet for places to go hunting when I get home. I also found Woody's YouTube videos and boy did they have me jonesing to get my hands in some darks holes to see what I might find!

I've been in Afghanistan for 10.5 months, just under 2 months to go until I head back to Colorado Springs. Any of y'all in that neck of the woods?

Look forward to reading the forums and checking the place out!
Mike
Dypheron
Welcome Crusty! There are a few of us in and around the springs area, at least 4 i can think of. I'll be headed your way at the end of the month actually, maybe we'll cross paths on the boardwalk.
Crusty
QUOTE (Dypheron @ Jun 6 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Welcome Crusty! There are a few of us in and around the springs area, at least 4 i can think of. I'll be headed your way at the end of the month actually, maybe we'll cross paths on the boardwalk.

Howdy! Look for me, I'll be the guy in OCPs ;)

We're retiring in Colorado SPrings, so it'd be good to hook up with some folks from the area. I'm a rookie, though in my usual OCD fashion, once I found my first peice of Amazonite, I was hooked! Found a previously dug hole up a hillside off trail 666 at Bear Creek and dug some nice smoky quartz out of it, with a couple day's work. Also made the long hike up to the backside of Crystal Park and found a huge open dig area that I found a few small peices of Amazonite.

Look forward to chatting with y'all!
Crusty
QUOTE (Dypheron @ Jun 6 2013, 06:55 PM) *

Just checked out your profile... we share a birthday! (though you were born one year before I joined the AF lol)
Dypheron
QUOTE (Crusty @ Jun 6 2013, 08:48 AM) *
Just checked out your profile... we share a birthday! (though you were born one year before I joined the AF lol)

Small world, ehh? We'll have to get together and have coffee once I get over there before you leave. As I recall the Green Bean on the boardwalk had a pretty decent cup of joe.
Coalbunny
I wonder how the Afghanis view gold prospecting over there....
greensmilies-017.gif
Crusty
QUOTE (Coalbunny @ Jun 22 2013, 09:46 AM) *
I wonder how the Afghanis view gold prospecting over there....
greensmilies-017.gif

They say there are huge mineral reserves in Afghanistan, up to $3T... but good luck getting to them!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/parallels/2013/05...-To-Uncertainty
Denise
I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif eating-popcorn-03.gif
CP club members meeting tonight in the chat room at 6 pm mst., hopefully everyone can make it. We have some great members and it is always fun to get caught up on what everyone has been doing.

Don't forget to use the club members monthly password to get in!

Hope to see you there!!
CP_Member.gif
CP
Hey everyone,

Club member meeting starts in 5 mins, see ya'll there! smile.gif
Dypheron
Dang it, missed another one.
CP
We all missed having ya' in there too. Look forward to seeing you at the next one.
Hope everything is going well your way so far on this tour.

And don't forget everyone, the chat is always open for club members when ever you all wish to meet in there and chat.
Denise
Club members meeting tonight at 6 pm MST in the chat room.
We hope to see you all there! eating-popcorn-03.gif
Denise
Club members meeting tonight at 6 PM. It will be good to get caught up with everyone. eating-popcorn-03.gif smile.gif
swizz
Dang it D! The superbowl is gonna be on ya know. I gotta watch it... if not for the Broncos, for the $4 million dollar commercials, lol. It's a once a year thing.
I'm a Vikes fan but, GO PEYTON!
Denise
gen069.gif What? You can't multitask....sheesh!! tongue.gif I thought you said you work while the TV was on. giggle.gif
Dypheron
QUOTE (swizz @ Feb 2 2014, 02:07 PM) *
Dang it D! The superbowl is gonna be on ya know. I gotta watch it... if not for the Broncos, for the $4 million dollar commercials, lol. It's a once a year thing.
I'm a Vikes fan but, GO PEYTON!

And what a waste of time that was when you could have been chatting with us!
swizz
You are so right.... that was a horrible suberbowl blow out. The commercials weren't even good.
Caveman
I spent most of it fighting with a blown-up generator, and had a better, more enjoyable day than did Peyton. And I did not have an enjoyable day. Not by a long shot.
Denise
sad.gif That really stinks Caveman! We understand how important the generator can be when living off grid. I hope you are able to get it taken care of soon.

I'm still trying to get over the fact that it was snowing where Dypheron is, and Burrell had a house full of people for the Super Bowl and had snow the week before in Florida.
fenixsmom
Now remember, global warming is a myth ;P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.