Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CO Rally!!!
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Colorado Prospector site and club info forums > CP's Past Events
Jordan
I had a blast! B) Finally got to meet some of you folks I've been chatting with on and off over the years. It truly was a pleasure.
Got to spend some quality time face down in Clear Creek with Russau's 2" proline...what a sweet little unit. Found some gold that was quickly swallowed up by the mercury that came with it.

Good eats.....good friends......cold beer.......mountain weather and GOLD!!

What more could a man ask for?

Thanks to all!!!

:^D
Redpaw
More....Tell us more......Oh Please....!!!

Come on, tell us how the duckie race went?, How the vendors were....
Jordan
Actually I was gone Sunday and did not get to witness the duck race.

Vendors were great from what little I saw of them.....spent my time face down in the creek.

Matt gave a nice seminar on where to find gold...particularly in a stream for dredgers.

Keith did a BANG UP job on the dredge he donated and worked it hard in the creek. I really enjoyed meeting him and seeing his handiwork up close and personal. I will have to own one soon!!

Leonard and his crew put on the usual CCC hospitality and show with good eats and movies and cool ones. Thanks guys!! I really enjoyed meeting Leonard, Corky and Ed finally.

Plus I got to soak my sore muscles and back at Indian Springs!

:^D
ME CO
Glad you made it home Jordan, was nice meeting you and your family. I did get pics of the duck race but unfortunately no digital camera haha hahahahahahha. Was pretty funny- the real winners got away (mine included- we were all watching Denise haha). I most enjoyed meeting my Inet friends and hey Jordan I got a pic of Santa 2 haha. Mark
Denise
It was a GREAT time!!
Here is a pic of some of the vendors. :)
We figured there was about 1000 people over the 3 days.
Denise
The kids even had a blast.
My 3 year old Timmy won first place in the kids panning competition on Saturday. Hes the tiny one in the back with the blue windbreaker on. His time was 59 seconds........Thats my boy...... :D wub.gif B) I think he even beat Leonards time... laugh.gif laugh.gif ;)
Denise
The kids also loved the sawdust hunt!!
Here is a pic of them hunting. They were able to look all day long thanks to all the donations. ;) B) wub.gif
Denise
Here is a pic of the winner of the coin that cornwall donated.
He wanted me to tell you " Thank You Cornwall!!" :D
Denise
Here is a pic of the adult panning competition.
Larry and Shirley did a GREAT job volunteering to help with that. :)
Redpaw
The photos show an exceptionally clean and fun looking rally, very well organized and well kept grounds....

BIG THANKS to the ARGO as well, it would benefit all of us to have a email barrage send in to the folks at the ARGO thanking them for the best place on the planet to hold a Rally.

That sure looks like fun, I'm sure proud to know the Double D's !

Rp
Quilomene John
D & D,
YOU DONE GOOD!!!!!!!!!!! A big MRT THANK YOU to all the folks who volunteered or helped raise funds for this excellent rally. We are showing the public the fun of gold prospecting, and also showing the agencies that modern small scale mining DOES NOT harm the environment! No wonder the Greens are getting shrill!!!!!! QJ laugh.gif
leonard
Here's something you don't see a lot of. Here's Tracy Loyd from the Washington Department of Wildlife doing a little panning. Hey you guys in Washington, notice it's not into a tub either. She's the one on the left dummy! On the right is Carl, Coalbunny. Tracy came out to see how Colorado regulations help make things work. Thats easy, we have very few.
Leonard
Quilomene John
Coalbunny,
Way to go! Anybody who can get a Wash. Dept. of Fish & Wildlife employee to grab a gold pan and learn about mining first hand is a bona fide, non-dues paying (there aren't any dues!!!) MRT Member!!!
Official "you dun good" status is awarded to you! QJ ;)

edited for spelling only.............(come on QJ!!!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.