Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dying Camera
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Photography and Observations
Denise
Our Canon camera sure has not been very happy lately. Every few shots end up looing something like this......

Click to view attachment

Not sure why, but it sure is frustrating.
sad.gif
russau
low battery level causeing wrong settings ??????
swizz
I like. it! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Hey.... life is better with your photo postings. I would like to send you guys my old Pentax Optio 555, which you can have. It's just a dust collector for me and I haven't used at all fot years sincr I got the dslr. Might need a new battery and is only 5mp but takes great pics! Lemme know... I still have the manual, charger, remote control, and software that came with it. I have no use for it anymore and would love for it to go to a good home! It's too old to sell by today's standards but I think you would like it... has Macro and Super Macro settings.
Denise
I wish it was just a battery problem Russ but no such luck here. sadno.gif

Haha Chris! It is a pretty freaky looking picture. Seems all the brighter spots in the picture get the really drooped effect. That picture was actually of the corn showing the hail damage it did to the leaves. Amazing thinking about how many years we have had this camera and how it had done alot for us. Was even the camera we used to do the underwater dredging videos. The waterproof case was just as much as the camera.

That is very nice of you to say about my pictures! Thank you very much, feedback is always welcome. That is an extremely generous offer Chris, your kindness never ceases to amaze me. I do have to admit though that the camera you are offering is way better than the one we have now...even with it's funky pics. blush.gif giggle.gif

( ohmy.gif Sits back speechless and blown away by Chris's kindness happy.gif )
swizz
From one starving artist to another. cheers.gif
Woody
I would have sworn that pic was of ice crystals hanging down from a rock ceiling.
jim
QUOTE (Woody @ Jul 22 2012, 10:13 AM) *
I would have sworn that pic was of ice crystals hanging down from a rock ceiling.

I would agree with woody.. are ya sure that is not as he said? Wow that is some strange effect.
Denise
giggle.gif Yes, I'm sure it's not ice crystals. Here is the picture of the corn I was taking. Gets really frustrating having to take several pictures for one good one. Some subjects just give me one shot and it was missed because of the bad camera.
Click to view attachment

I can always tell when it is acting up as some of the pictures end up with a purple tint and sometimes with lines like this one of a Colorado sunset.
One showing the problem and one that turned out....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Woody
Hummmm ?????. Glass half empty or half full?

Sure this camera might not be the best choice to get that shot of the moment but if you could in any way predict the outcome it apparently will make some crazy effects. A true work of “dysfunctional” art one might say. It would be interesting to see some before and after shots.
Denise
I would have to take more as the bad ones I took were tossed. They were breaking my heart seeing them in the folder reminding me of the cameras problem so I deleted them. I can try for a few more and see what I come up with.
Denise
Here you go Woody. This was a neighbors dog that was hiding at our place (2 1/2 miles away) because of the thunder.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
jim
LOL frozen doggy. Cool pic even if it is a bad shot. I've never seen a camera do such a wierd thing before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.