Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throwing the Tomahawks
Colorado Prospector - Gem and mineral prospecting and mining forums > Exploring Our Universe > Human and Mechanically Powered Adventures
swizz
I put together a quick vid of Pat, Woody, and myself throwing the tomahawks during the CP LT Outing this last weekend at the claims. (It's in HD if you fiddle with the setting)
Really a lot of fun! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Old Dudes Throwing Axes
Woody
Great Video quality. I am totally amazed at what these new phones can do. Next time we will have to try to increase the distance to incorporate a 3rd rotation. Should be easy enough to do with a little practice.
Caveman
You guys are pretty good - remind me to stay on your good sides! smile.gif
Denise
Very cool video to watch. You guys get to have way too much fun , that looks like a blast!! signs021.gif
russau
kids, dont try this at home!:)
Denise
Or in your neighbors yard....... laugh.gif

Maybe thats why Chris titled the video "Old Dudes Throwing Axes".
giggle.gif
swizz
QUOTE (Woody @ Jun 12 2012, 08:48 AM) *
Next time we will have to try to increase the distance to incorporate a 3rd rotation. Should be easy enough to do with a little practice.

what??? desert.gif I'm still throwin from the ladies' tee box! unsure.gif
720fly
Heck yeah love throwing axes. Would like some of those hawks to play with tho
swizz
This guy makes excellent hawks at a reasonable price: Ragnar's Throwing Hawks
I own two of his (Viking Belt Axe and Viking Bearded Axe)... they are very good quality.
720fly
Thanks, they are good looking axes. I have a Grandsfords burks forester. I love it for most chores and throwing. Been thinking of a cold steel hawk, but you just changed my mind
BTW sweet knives, that is a art I've always wanted to learn
Denise
Don't you have to stand 12 feet from the hawk block to throw, and the block should stand about 4 feet above the ground right?
We are setting a temporary one up at the fire wood pile with the huge pieces. Fun for after work but I want to make sure I get the measurements right.
anyone.gif
swizz
12ft distance and 4ft height sounds about right but 12ft might be a little shy. I'm not sure if there's an official distance but I'd be interested to find out.
Woody and I just kinda winged it on the tee boxes... we had two for one block. It would be cool to have different throwing stations, I might do that.
Denise
Thanks Swizz, from what I am seeing online that seems about right. We stacked up some of the larger pieces and stood one on top. Ended up at about 4'. happy088.gif Not bad for just a stack. laugh.gif Works great and if we miss it ends up in the wood pile behind it.
Denise
We never had to take the throwing block down to burn yet, so we are able to get more practice in still. smiley-clapping.gif dancing_smiley.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.